Sync Center won't sync to Windows Mobile PDA/cell phone

Bruce Wilkinson

I have a Cingular 8125 cell phone, PDA that used to sync fine under Windows
XP and ActiveSync. Now, on Vista, when I open the Sync Center, it doesn't
detect the phone, even though the phone detects the laptop.

Can anyone help?

Bruce

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello Bruce,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

Based on my knowledge, you may use Windows Mobile Device Center to set up
new partnerships, synchronize content and manage music, pictures and video
with Windows Mobile powered devices (Windows Mobile 2003 or later). The
Windows Mobile Device Center is only supported on Windows Vista. For more
information about usage and driver, please refer to he following links:

Windows Mobile Device Center 6 for Windows Vista
<http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/devicecenter.mspx>

Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center Driver for Windows Vista (x86)
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=83d513ea-9df9-4920
-af33-3a0e2e4e7beb&DisplayLang=en>

If you have any questions, I suggest you post your question on the
Microsoft public newsgroups (Microsoft.public.mobility) where other users
may have already experienced this issue. You can find this newsgroup by
connecting your news reader to Publicnews.Microsoft.com. For more
information, please refer to the following link:

Q171164 OLEXP: How to Configure Outlook Express for Internet
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=171164

Hope that helps!

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: "Bruce Wilkinson" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Sync Center won't sync to Windows Mobile PDA/cell phone
| Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 13:19:04 -0600
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
|
| I have a Cingular 8125 cell phone, PDA that used to sync fine under
Windows
| XP and ActiveSync. Now, on Vista, when I open the Sync Center, it doesn't
| detect the phone, even though the phone detects the laptop.
|
| Can anyone help?
|
| Bruce

Bruce Wilkinson

I have a Cingular 8125 cell phone, PDA that used to sync fine under Windows
XP and ActiveSync. Now, on Vista, when I open the Sync Center, it doesn't
detect the phone, even though the phone detects the laptop.

Can anyone give me an idea of what might be wrong?

Bruce

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Thanks for your information sharing.