Symantec claims "Antispyware" blocking NAV2005 scan...

Issue: Customer's Dell PC, WinXP home, SP2, MS Antispyware Beta1 and Norton
Antivirus 2005 installed. Machine cleaned of viruses and spyware. However,
Norton Antivirus will no longer run scan in normal mode but will in safe
mode. Usual uninstall/re-install drill followed, still same problem.

Symantec has weighed in claiming it is a viruse (no) or conflict with "other
third party antispyware programs". They also refer to their own kb article
about this (see below).

I haven't seen this claim from Symantec on this forum and I still can't get
the scan to run despite several other suggestions they provided.

Looking at their kb article and suggested fixes, is this really a conflict
with the MS beta or perhaps something else? The Hijack This file shows
nothing unusual.

Suggestion and comments appreciated...

Gib Macs
-----Original Message-----[EDITED FOR BREVITY]