Switchboard Basic Question

Greg Jesky

I am having difficulty building a series of switchboards the way I want.
Maybe I am interpreting the documentation incorrectly..

Here goes:
I want to build a main switchboard titled "AAAAAAA". I want 4 or 5 controls
or buttons on the main switchboard with text associated with each button.

If I click a buttons on the main switchboard, I want to go to
another(secondary) switchboard. Each of these secondary switchboards will
have 4 or 5 buttons with text that will take me to a normal ACCESS 2000 form
when clicked.

Is this doable? Reading "HELP" leads me to think it is.
Can anyone please give me a brief overview of how to do this??

Thank you, Greg

Jeff Conrad

Greg Jesky

Jeff,
Thank You, the links you provided have got me on the right track. However I
have another question regarding switchboards. If I go to secondary
switchboard and want to return to the primary switchboard I think I need to
put some kind of control on the secondary switchboard to return to the
primary. Any thoughts if this is possible and how to do??
Thank you,
Greg

Steven Greenberg

Jeff,
Thank You, the links you provided have got me on the right track.
However I have another question regarding switchboards. If I go to
secondary switchboard and want to return to the primary switchboard I
think I need to put some kind of control on the secondary switchboard
to return to the primary. Any thoughts if this is possible and how to
do?? Thank you,
Greg

http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/dnarac
cessd ev/html/ODC_CreateASwitchBoard.asp

yes, on each secondary switchboard put a command that opens whichever
switchboard you want, you might want to go back to main or up to the
previous one or you can even set it up to quit the program altogether.

Jeff Conrad

in message
Jeff,
Thank You, the links you provided have got me on the right track. However I
have another question regarding switchboards. If I go to secondary
switchboard and want to return to the primary switchboard I think I need to
put some kind of control on the secondary switchboard to return to the
primary. Any thoughts if this is possible and how to do??
Thank you,
Greg

Hi Steven,

Yep, that is easy to do.
Just follow Steven's advice by putting on option on each of the secondary sub-menus
to take you back "up" to the main switchboard. Just use the Command option that says
"Go To Switchboard" and select the name of your main switchboard menu from the
combo box list of Switchboards. The Text could say something like, "Back to Main Menu."
Add that option to each of the sub-menus. Clicking on it will take you back to the main
page.

Greg Jesky

Jeff and Steven,

Thank you both.

I really feel dumb that the answer is to my question is so obvious.

Greg

Jeff Conrad

"Greg Jesky" wrote in message
Jeff and Steven,

Thank you both.

I really feel dumb that the answer is to my question is so obvious.

You're welcome, glad we could help.
There are no dumb questions here.
An unasked question is an unanswered question.

Steven Greenberg

"Greg Jesky" wrote in message

You're welcome, glad we could help.
There are no dumb questions here.
An unasked question is an unanswered question.

You are also very welcome, glad to be able to contribute to the group.
heaven knows how many times someone else has helped me.
By the way, for any question one may ask, there are probably many more
others who were thinking of the same question. Take care and keep up the
good work.
Steve