SVChost.exe is killing my comp

G

Everytime I start up my comp the Svchost.exe in Task manager that is 10,000+ K shows that it is using over 90 CPU, Also I am not able to get onto my network or internet, and my sound does not work when I start up my compter, I have to go into Device manager and update then reinstall the same driver every time. I have run both Ad-Aware and Norton Anti-Virus, but niether of these have found anything. I have reinstalled windows a few times as well as repairing it. My taskbar also does not work at start up, if I move my mouse over it, it shows the Waiting/time thing. Even if I get out of the large SVChost it still doen't work I have to get out of one that is used by the LOCAL SERVICE. I am running a 1.3Ghz, 512MB HP.
Can anyone help me?

G

search svchost in this forum and you will see that i have found a way to fix my svchost problem. It is titled svchost problem FIXED!!!

G

I did not want to completely reformat my hard drive, I have alot of important data on it. if anyone else has an idea I am very open to any help. Thanks

G

ingnore the part about reformating although i would recomend at least using ntfs file formating. But i did not reformat i just fallowed all of the steps i did not mind doing but ignored some of the things i did not want to change or was worried about modifieing. It worked for me. I think my problem was an adware or spyware program that was not being detected by adware and virus scan software. I changed my services as recomended (but ignored if it made an unwanted change) and edited my startup. that is what fixed mine, although i also did all of the registry cleaning and other system optimization. good luck.

Ask a Question