SUS only working at Defualt Domain Policy Level

Pete

Hi,

We have SUS working more or less OK at the Default Domain Level, but
everytime we try to deploy SUS at an OU level it does not work. I can see
that the cleints have picked up the policy because the Windows Update screen
in My PC properties is grayed out. But they don't pick up the updates.

Anybody ever seen this?

Thanks,

Pete

Jack Wang [MSFT]

Hi Pete,

Thank you for posting!

I would like to confirm if the issue occurs on all the clients. If so,
please use the MPSRPT_SUS.EXE tool to collect the system information of the
client to me at (e-mail address removed).

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=cebf3c7c-7ca5-408f-
88b7-f9c79b7306c0&DisplayLang=en

I am looking forward to your reply!

Sincerely,
Jack Wang, MCSE 2000, MCSA, MCDBA, MCSD
Microsoft Partner Support

from your issue.

| From: "Pete" <[email protected]>
| Subject: SUS only working at Defualt Domain Policy Level
| Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 09:04:38 +0200
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy
|
| Hi,
|
| We have SUS working more or less OK at the Default Domain Level, but
| everytime we try to deploy SUS at an OU level it does not work. I can see
| that the cleints have picked up the policy because the Windows Update
screen
| in My PC properties is grayed out. But they don't pick up the updates.
|
| Anybody ever seen this?
|
| Thanks,
|
| Pete

Jack Wang [MSFT]

Hi Pete,

How is it going now? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me
know. Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Jack Wang, MCSE 2000, MCSA, MCDBA, MCSD
Microsoft Partner Support

from your issue.

| From: (e-mail address removed) (Jack Wang [MSFT])
| Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 10:35:14 GMT
| Subject: RE: SUS only working at Defualt Domain Policy Level
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy
|
| Hi Pete,
|
| Thank you for posting!
|
| I would like to confirm if the issue occurs on all the clients. If so,
| please use the MPSRPT_SUS.EXE tool to collect the system information of
the
| client to me at (e-mail address removed).

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=cebf3c7c-7ca5-408f-
| 88b7-f9c79b7306c0&DisplayLang=en
|
| I am looking forward to your reply!
|
| Sincerely,
| Jack Wang, MCSE 2000, MCSA, MCDBA, MCSD
| Microsoft Partner Support
|
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
|
| =====================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via
| your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit
| from your issue.
| =====================================================

rights.
| --------------------
| | From: "Pete" <[email protected]>
| | Subject: SUS only working at Defualt Domain Policy Level
| | Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 09:04:38 +0200
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy
| |
| | Hi,
| |
| | We have SUS working more or less OK at the Default Domain Level, but
| | everytime we try to deploy SUS at an OU level it does not work. I can
see
| | that the cleints have picked up the policy because the Windows Update
| screen
| | in My PC properties is grayed out. But they don't pick up the updates.
| |
| | Anybody ever seen this?
| |
| | Thanks,
| |
| | Pete
| |
| |
| |

Dave Yates

Hi there,
I'm having a similar problem with SUS, I can only seem to assign the
Windows Update GP settings to the default GP in the AD. I have 2 GP groups
in the root of the AD, one for the majorty (Clients) and one for staff, the
setting is in the default one (clients) but not the staff, is there a way of
seting up another group policy that has the Windows Update options included
as I need the updates to be deployed to ALL PC's but I can't add the staff
PC's into the clients GP as they will become restricted.

Hope someone can help!

Thanks

Regards

Dave

Jack Wang said:
Hi Pete,

How is it going now? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me
know. Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Jack Wang, MCSE 2000, MCSA, MCDBA, MCSD
Microsoft Partner Support

from your issue.

| From: (e-mail address removed) (Jack Wang [MSFT])
| Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 10:35:14 GMT
| Subject: RE: SUS only working at Defualt Domain Policy Level
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy
|
| Hi Pete,
|
| Thank you for posting!
|
| I would like to confirm if the issue occurs on all the clients. If so,
| please use the MPSRPT_SUS.EXE tool to collect the system information of
the
| client to me at (e-mail address removed).

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=cebf3c7c-7ca5-408f-
| 88b7-f9c79b7306c0&DisplayLang=en
|
| I am looking forward to your reply!
|
| Sincerely,
| Jack Wang, MCSE 2000, MCSA, MCDBA, MCSD
| Microsoft Partner Support
|
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
|
| =====================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via
| your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit
| from your issue.
| =====================================================

rights.
| --------------------
| | From: "Pete" <[email protected]>
| | Subject: SUS only working at Defualt Domain Policy Level
| | Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 09:04:38 +0200
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy
| |
| | Hi,
| |
| | We have SUS working more or less OK at the Default Domain Level, but
| | everytime we try to deploy SUS at an OU level it does not work. I can
see
| | that the cleints have picked up the policy because the Windows Update
| screen
| | in My PC properties is grayed out. But they don't pick up the updates.
| |
| | Anybody ever seen this?
| |
| | Thanks,