SUS client

Shane Trump

I'm trying to set up numerous systems to be SUS clients,
and obtain Windows Updates from an SUS server...Is the
client software a part of Windows SP1 and later? The
file that is available to download and install can only
be installed on systems W/O SP1.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Patch Management Using Microsoft Systems Management Server 2.0
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/itsolutions/techguide/msm/swdist/pmsms/20/pmsmsog.mspx#top

Server requirements and recommendations for installing Microsoft Software Update Services
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322365

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"Shane Trump" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message:

| I'm trying to set up numerous systems to be SUS clients,
| and obtain Windows Updates from an SUS server...Is the
| client software a part of Windows SP1 and later? The
| file that is available to download and install can only
| be installed on systems W/O SP1.

Mike Kolitz

Yes. The AutoUpdate client that ships in Windows XP SP1 works with SUS
Servers.

Michael

Yes. The AutoUpdate client that ships in Windows XP SP1 works with SUS
Servers.

--
Mike Kolitz MCSE 2000
MS-MVP - Windows Setup & Deployment

.
Yes, but where is the AutoUpdate for SP1?