Support line in India

Reaction score
Am sick and tried of company in the uk getting support line in India.

Last week i had to ring dell for help and the guy was from india.

He could not understand me and i did,nt understand a word he said.

What happend to speaking to a English,Wales,Scotland guy?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Money money money..........

UK helpline guy - £300.00 a week.

Indian helpline guy - £50.00 a week.

Corporates can't help but have near orgasmic feelings about cash savings.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work, does it? Mostly cos there's this culture clash kinda thing.

And also the 'helpline' guy possibly knows less than you.

There was an instance recently, I think it was one of our major banks, where they stopped using an Indian helpline. Cos basically they were losing customers.

So, in future, when you're looking at Tiscali or whatever, ask them where their helpline is located and let that be an influencing factor.

I'm with Zen.co.uk Broadband, they're in Darlington, great bunch of northern guys, I can understand them (just about, lol) ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
This is one of the (many) reasons i left AOL.....

Reaction score
Yep I have closed a number of accounts because of this, I spoke Welsh to one company Umm... What you say sir I can`t understand you,yes madam exactly how I feel when I speak to you offices in India, that company are now based back in the UK :)

Reaction score
Sadly a lot of those out sourcing to India & other countries find that they money saved is a big step for doing it, however they soon realise that customers want to speak to someone in the UK.

Seems that "Outsourcing" has been the buzz word businesses have been using in the last few years, but a customer backlash has resulted in a few now coming back to the UK or mentioning in adverts that they are UK based.

Ask a Question