SUMIF Cumulative share

Reagan

Hello :)

I would like to create a formula that adds the share of an item with the
shares of all other items ranked higher. In the data below, I have labeled
what the formula would output as cumulative share. The cumulative share of
Item C would be the combined share of Item C, B, and A. Currently, to find
cumulative share I sort by rank and sum all shares, however I would like a
formula returns this answer without sorting.

Can be done with a SUMIF function? Any ideas? Thanks!

Ranking Share Cumulative Share
Item C 3 18% 73%
Item B 2 24% 55%
Item E 5 12% 100%
Item A 1 31% 31%
Item D 4 15% 88%

Jim Cone

With your data in C5:D100 (rank and share)...
Enter in E5 and fill down...
=SUMIF($C$5:$C$100,"<="&C5,$D$5:$D$100)
--
Jim Cone