Sum the last seven days?

B

Bob Newman

I have a list of daily figures that is being added to every day (one for each day). Each day is listed in the rows. I would like a formula that would give me the sum of the last seven days changing daily to take into consideration yesterday's figures being added to the list.

Thanks in advance... Bob.

D

Don Guillett

last 10 columns. Modify to suit

=SUM(2:2)-IF(COUNT(2:2)>10,SUM(A2:INDEX(2:2,COUNT(2:2)-10)),0)
or try
=SUM(OFFSET(a2,MATCH(1E+30,a:a)-1,0,-7,1))

D

dCromley

newmagator said:
I have a list of daily figures that is being added to every day (one for each day).
Each day is listed in the rows. I would like a formula that would give me the sum
of the last seven days changing daily to take into consideration yesterday's
figures being added to the list.

(I'm being too simplistic?)
Let's say A1 has day1, A2 has day2, etc.
Then B7 = "=SUM(A1:A7) is the sum of the first 7 days.
Copying B7 down gives what you want?

B

Bob Newman

I only wan't the results in one cell, constantly up dating. When you say copy B7 down won't hat put the answer in multiple cells?

Bob

B

Bob Newman

Forgive my ignorance, I'm a rookie. I am not sure what you meant by "last 10 columns" or how to modify the first example. I tried your second suggestion changing the a2 to c7 and a:a to c:c and it returned 1,043 as the answer when it should have returned 9,346. Could you possibly explain a little more in depth as to the changes I should make in your example. Below is a reference to the actual cells I will be using:

The cell with the first entry in the list is C7. I want to have the total in cell C2 (it will actually be an average in C2, I assume I can just put /7 at the end of the formula.

Sorry to be a pain. Thanks... Bob

Ask a Question