Sub total sorting

For a data range of a 1000 sales records I am using the Sub-total and Count
functions under the data tab. Excel then adds the summary buttons like 1,2,3
to show the various roll up views, with 1 being the grand total view, 2 is
the count and subtotal view, and 3 being all detail with counts and subtotal.
I need to sort the Sub totals (view 2) by high and low and if I try to do a
sort I get all the detail.

I have tried to copy view 2 to another worksheet and it brings all the
detail too.
How can I work with just the Sub totals and Counts ? Thank you for any help!

Excel 2003

Jim Cone

G Cole,

I don't have xl2003 and that must be the reason there is no "Count"
menu item on the data menu. However to copy/paste only what you see
on a spreadsheet, first select the data, then...

Edit | GoTo | Special (button) | Visible Cells Only
Copy the selection and paste it where you want.

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA