Strange stuff happening !!!!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I have also noticed that on some posts the option to "EDIT" the post never appears or disappears after a while .

:confused:

Reaction score
As suggested by Ady earlier in another thread, may be we limit the time Ian can go away from the Forum!:p

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hmmm, this is really really strange - AbsoluteKevster noticed something like this happening the other day and it appeared as if it was due to the new version of PHP I tried, so I removed it again.

I'll have a look at backups from a month ago and see what has changed since then, I'll also run a database check later on tonight when it is quiet to see if anything is out of place :thumb:

Sods law it happens when I'm away!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think it should be working now :)

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=239060

I've never noticed this problem before, so I wonder if this setting was reset when I temporarily upgraded to the new PHP version. On the flip side, this does mean the PHP5 might not be incompatible with the coding after all (and would improve performance/reliability!). :)

I'll try that out another day though ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've looked up the edit button, and it looks like there's a limit of 1 day of editing a post (to prevent spammers posting a normal post, and then editing it a week later once people have forgotten about it to get free links). :thumb:

If you just want the occasional thing changed, then let me know - but if the 1 day limit is a problem I can see if it is possible to change for established members (i.e. over 200 posts or something like that). :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Hi Ian I can not see meself doing a lot of editing . However flops pointed out that me pics were a little on the large size in me mandriva thread . I managed to change half of them but could not access the first half to change them , so if I could get to do this that would be great .
Also in the same thread I have now posted 4 different modules , it would be nice to be able to add something like what I show below to the very first post as I go along , sort of like an index . Anyone new to the thread or someone who was just looking could see at a glance what an where stuff was .

Main Install -- Post 2 Page 1
First Up-date -- Post * Page 1
GKrellm -- Post 12 Page 2
Boinc install -- Post 13 Page 2

user.gif

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
OK, I've made it so that any established member can edit posts now for quite some time, so you should be able to edit your thread as you see fit now :thumb:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Just tested the new feature and it works ok . Thanks Ian . I'll shrink the pics tomorow .
happywave.gif

Ask a Question