Strange scart s-video problem

Beemer

My Sony VCR only has SCART (Peritel) connector. I fit a SCART to S-VIDEO
adaptor then connect the S-VIDEO to my Sony TV (PAL) and play. The picture
is excellent and in colour.

Now if I swing the S-VIDEO cable over to my Radeon 9800 Pro I see the same
video but it is in black and white.

My adaptor is a JVC interconnect VZ-J129

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Beemer

Beemer

My Sony VCR only has SCART (Peritel) connector. I fit a SCART to S-VIDEO
adaptor then connect the S-VIDEO to my Sony TV (PAL) and play. The picture
is excellent and in colour.

Now if I swing the S-VIDEO cable over to my Radeon 9800 Pro I see the same
video but it is in black and white.

My adaptor is a JVC interconnect VZ-J129

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Beemer

I'm replying to my own post after seeing that I said something stupid.

I do not "swing over the S-video cable to the Radeon 9800 Pro" but over to
my Adaptec Videoh! PCI capture card S-Video input. Its then that the video
being played is only seen in black and white.

Still looking for help

Beemer

Beemer

<Lo> wrote in message You'll find your answer here:
http://www.epanorama.net/circuits/svideo2cvideo.html
I used exactly same stuff to get colors with my dell laptop ati svideo
output.

My Sony VCR only has SCART (Peritel) connector. I fit a SCART to S-VIDEO
adaptor then connect the S-VIDEO to my Sony TV (PAL) and play. The picture
is excellent and in colour.

Now if I swing the S-VIDEO cable over to my Radeon 9800 Pro I see the same
video but it is in black and white.

My adaptor is a JVC interconnect VZ-J129

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Beemer

I'm replying to my own post after seeing that I said something stupid.

I do not "swing over the S-video cable to the Radeon 9800 Pro" but over to
my Adaptec Videoh! PCI capture card S-Video input. Its then that the
video
being played is only seen in black and white.

Still looking for help

Beemer
Lo,

Thanks but for picture quality reason I'm looking for a solution which keeps
s-video not composite

Beemer

Lo

<Lo> wrote in message You'll find your answer here:
http://www.epanorama.net/circuits/svideo2cvideo.html
I used exactly same stuff to get colors with my dell laptop ati svideo
output.

Lo,

Thanks but for picture quality reason I'm looking for a solution which keeps
s-video not composite

Beemer

You'll find better result than composite even if you add a small capacitor. I put a capacitor in the
little SCART adapter (i can send pictures) which is connected to the television, then the svideo
cable from SCART to Svideo out of the ati board. Result is good, i mean better than composite, and
the chroma channel is present.

Lo

Beemer

<Lo> wrote in message
<Lo> wrote in message You'll find your answer here:
http://www.epanorama.net/circuits/svideo2cvideo.html
I used exactly same stuff to get colors with my dell laptop ati svideo
output.

Lo,

Thanks but for picture quality reason I'm looking for a solution which
keeps
s-video not composite

Beemer

You'll find better result than composite even if you add a small capacitor.
I put a capacitor in the
little SCART adapter (i can send pictures) which is connected to the
television, then the svideo
cable from SCART to Svideo out of the ati board. Result is good, i mean
better than composite, and
the chroma channel is present.

Lo

Lo for you is this PAL or NTSC?

Beemer

Lo

<Lo> wrote in message

You'll find better result than composite even if you add a small capacitor.
I put a capacitor in the
little SCART adapter (i can send pictures) which is connected to the
television, then the svideo
cable from SCART to Svideo out of the ati board. Result is good, i mean
better than composite, and
the chroma channel is present.

Lo

Lo for you is this PAL or NTSC?

Beemer

Hi,

This is PAL for my cable TV broadcasts. I don't know the format for playing the DVD through TV.
I think it is not important.

Lo