Windows XP Strange rundll error message

Reaction score
When XP loads I get this error message saying that the file windows\system32\ksarjpyp.dll could not be found. I have checked and this is correct - there's no trace of the dll at all.

I have found a single entry in the registry at:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run:

the key value is a4edb64b and the value is rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ksarjpyp.dll",b which would appear to be the cause.

Could I just delete this key? Everything appears to work correctly in Windows apart from this error at start up.

Thanks

Graham
  • Operating System: Windows XP Pro
  • Anti Virus Software : e.g. AVG Free v 8.0
  • Anti Spyware Software : e.g. AdAware
  • How do you connect to the net : Netgear Router DG834G

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I can't see much on the net about that DLL, only a single google result is found for it.

I don't see why you can't remove that entry from startup, as if it doesn't exist anyway then it shouldn't cause a problem. Make sure you backup the registry first though just in case.

It might be easiest to use something like "HiJackThis" to remove the entry for you and create a backup :)

Reaction score
Thanks for such a swift and reassuring reply Ian.

I used "HiJackThis" to remove the entry after doing a backup and the problem now seems to have gone away.

Many thanks again :)

Ask a Question