Strange results from "Ping Localhost"

M.Siler

Look at the strange IP address I get when I ping localhost. Anyone seen
anthing like this before?

C:\>ping localhost

Pinging mark01 [::1] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from ::1: time<1ms
Reply from ::1: time<1ms
Reply from ::1: time<1ms
Reply from ::1: time<1ms

Ping statistics for ::1:

C:\>

Roland Hall

"M.Siler" <email address not provided> wrote in message
: Look at the strange IP address I get when I ping localhost. Anyone seen
: anthing like this before?
:
: C:\>ping localhost
:
: Pinging mark01 [::1] with 32 bytes of data:
:
: Reply from ::1: time<1ms
: Reply from ::1: time<1ms
: Reply from ::1: time<1ms
: Reply from ::1: time<1ms
:
: Ping statistics for ::1:
: Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
: Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
: Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms
:
: C:\>

Mark..

Quit pinging yourself and show us the results of your ipconfig /all.

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

Roland Hall

"M.Siler" <email address not provided> wrote in message
: I was just wondering why the IP address looked like ::1:
:

Dunno...never seen it. I was wondering if there was something in the
network settings that might give a clue. Are you using the Windows ping or
a 3rd party?

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */
Online Support for IT Professionals -
http://support.microsoft.com/servicedesks/technet/default.asp?fr=0&sd=tech
How-to: Windows 2000 DNS:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;308201
FAQ W2K/2K3 DNS:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;291382

M.Siler

Windows Ping. I made it stop or rather look "normal" by removing IPv6 from
my network settings. Therefore, I must conclude it has something to do with
IPv6.