stopping email for vacation

phyllis

How do I generate a vacation message, letting people know not to email while
I'm gone?

Bruce Hagen

If you do this, you will have to leave your computer on 24/7, be connected
to the Internet, and have your e-mail program open. If you want do this
anyway, the link below will explain how to do it. One thing I would
suggest is that where it says to create a rule and check For All Messages,
you change it and make the rule for people in your address book only.
Otherwise you will be replying to Spam as well and could end up in an
endless loop of bounces.

Your ISP may offer this service which would be a better choice.

How to Set Up a Vacation Auto-Response in Windows Mail, Outlook Express,
or Windows Live Mail
http://email.about.com/od/windowsma...sponse_in_Windows_Mail_or_Outlook_Express.htm

Configuring Outlook & Outlook Express To Auto Respond to Incoming E-mail
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/app_info/outlook_autoresponse.htm

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

To add to what Bruce responded:
Any hiccup in Windows, or even a brief power failure, is likely to upset that method.

Your mail provider will most likely have that feature available on the server.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"phyllis" wrote in message
How do I generate a vacation message, letting people know not to email while
I'm gone?

Bruce Hagen

Or you could just BCC everyone in your address book with a message before
you go.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]