Stop Steve, how ???

StopThisAdvertising

This Steve - PCDataSheet won't EVER stop with his blatant advertising the 'normal' way.
Lots of us have asked him, told him, shouted at him. He just doesn't care ...
There seems to be NOTHING that can prevent him from job-hunting and advertising over and over again, or is there ?

Well, here is the plan:
****************
His weak point is that he *has* to advertise as PC Datasheet !
His real name is his weak point !
What I can do (and what I will do...) is just answer EVERY SINGLE MAIL signed by PCDataSheet.
*Not* just his advertising mail, but *EVERY SINGLE MAIL* from him.

The answer-mail *could* look like:

< - - - Start of answer-mail here behind the PCDataSheet sig-lines - - - ->

Steve, why would ANYBODY trust you and hire you?
-- You abuse this group and others for job-hunting and advertising over and over again
-- You are insulting lots of people here when they ask you to stop this
-- You hide your identity while asking questions
-- You try to sell a CD ($125,--) with FREE code you gathered from these groups here
-- You posted as Steve, Ron, Tom, Rachel, Kathy, Kristine, Heather and ???
-- There even has been a 'Scam-alert' about you

So why would ANYBODY trust you and hire you?
< - - - End of answer-mail here - - - >

I don't want people to 'shoot the messenger'... so I will also provide a link to the thread 'Stop Steve, why ???' to explain the mail.

Well that's all about it. It is just a simple plan in fact, but it might work ...

To Steve: (I assume you *are* reading this ?)
This plan is going to work. I am both confident and determined.
BUT: I think it's really better for PCDataSheet AND this group if it is not started at all.
So it's really up to you now.
Just give up the "contact me ..." (and also: no tricks with the sig-line)
I am *just* watching your posts.
This plan starts the first time when I see something like "contact me ...." from PCDataSheet again.
You are 'silent' now, waiting for the 'heat' to cool down ?
It is simple: If you stop the advertising, I will stop chasing you.

To the groups:
I know this is, let's say 'unusual'. I really don't expect everybody here to approve.
But if we FINALLY want to get rid of Steve's advertising, I think it's a way.
Again: It is *not* my intention to start yet-another-flamefest or something like that.
But let us show Steve that it is not only me who is 'a bit annoyed'.
In fact I know it's not only me !
Thanks a LOT to all who are supporting this 'stop-the-advertising thing'.

Arno R

Lyle Fairfield

I support you in this endeavour, Arno, and appeal to Steve to just Stop,
so that the "how" does not have to be implemented.

Lyle

Rick B

I have seen tons of posts by PC Datasheet. Many of them have resolved the
issue. Personally, I see nothing wrong with him offering paid help to
people. If they want to pay him for his knowledge, then so be it. If they
don't then that is fine as well. Finding a place ripe with folks who need
help with Access seems like a very enterprising thing for an Access
consultant to do. If I were trying to sell a service, I'd probably go where
people whol need the service hang out! That is what capitalism is all
about - find your market, offer your product, and charge what the market
will bear.

I don't know about your claim that he is offering a CD for a certain amount
that consists of solutions he has only found here. Personally, I copy any
good solutions I find into a Word document that I maintain and then I can
refer back to them. I tweek them when I see other suggestions. I often
copy and paste stuff from that document in my responses.

I bet that most of the solutions you read in any Access book were not 100%
original ideas created by the author. Living in a free economy, I don't see
anthing wrong with that.

Just my opinion,
Rick B

[...]

Lyle Fairfield

Rick said:
I have seen tons of posts by PC Datasheet. Many of them have resolved the
issue. Personally, I see nothing wrong with him offering paid help to
people. If they want to pay him for his knowledge, then so be it. If they
don't then that is fine as well. Finding a place ripe with folks who need
help with Access seems like a very enterprising thing for an Access
consultant to do. If I were trying to sell a service, I'd probably go where
people whol need the service hang out! That is what capitalism is all
about - find your market, offer your product, and charge what the market
will bear.

I think you may have two problems:

1. You don't seem to understand that advertising is prohibited in CDMA;
2. You don't seem to understand that if advertising proliferates CDMA
will be destroyed;
3. You think the American business ethic was chiselled by Moses on the
back of the Ten Commandment Stones.

But don't worry. I am in the business of helping with these problems.
E-mail me for a quote. My prices are reasonable. Also I have a CD of all
the nonsense written on this group. It's only ... $125 US. This
represents a considerable reduction since the Presidential elections of
2000 when it was ... $125 US ... , so take advantage of this wonderful
offer! Call now!

(Here's a free sample of my training; "Not everyone in the world
supports unbridled capitalism!")

Lyle

(You noticed that there is a discrepancy between the stated number of
problems and the actual number of problems? That's a feature!).

PC Datasheet

To all who read this thread ---

Pat particular attention to who the first responder is to the thread and to
the first responder to the thread titled, "Stop Steve,why". He is a *fairy*;
you decide on how much credibility to give *him ???*.

Steve
PC Datasheet

[...]

Duane Hookom

A real fairy like in Peter Pan or one of the Disney movies? That would be
way cool!

If you are making a remark regarding someone's behaviour or beliefs that has
nothing to do with this Access or these news groups then you have just sunk
to a new low.

Rob Oldfield

It's an outdated and fairly inoffensive term for 'gay'

(...over here in the UK at least, but I just found a web site that claims
it's used in the same way in the US and Canada.)

Beats me if that's the way that Steve meant it.

Rob Oldfield

Just reread Steve's post and noticed the '*him ???*' reference, so I guess
he is indeed questioning posters' sexuality. Which is, if I'm right, sad,
pathetic, moronic and cretinous.

Chris Reveille

I also have collected many of the posts in this newsgroup.
It is in an Access database that was written by one of the
MVP's. This db has searching built into it. Right now it
is 4 megabytes with over 1400 entries( I only save what I
feel is usefull to me). I will gladly email it to anyone
interested for free. This newsgroup has helped me
tremendously and I will gladly share what I have.

Thanks to all of you
Chris Reveille

Tim Marshall

Rob said:
Just reread Steve's post and noticed the '*him ???*' reference, so I guess
he is indeed questioning posters' sexuality. Which is, if I'm right, sad,
pathetic, moronic and cretinous.

That was my point. 8)

Joan Wild

Rick B said:
Personally, I see nothing wrong with him offering paid help to
people. If they want to pay him for his knowledge, then so be it. If
they
don't then that is fine as well.

Yeah, but how does that help other people using the newsgroups? Ask here,
answer here, for the benefit of all who read. Also for the benefit of
others who have the same question, or perhaps find it on google. That is
the real intent of the newsgroups.

Lyle Fairfield

What is a fairy and why is it an insult?

--

I first ran into Steve (knowingly) about 4 1/2 years ago in response to
this:

*----------
From: Steve ([email protected])
Subject: Re: Question about Newsgroup
Original Format
Newsgroups: comp.databases.ms-access
Date: 2000-12-02 03:18:33 PST

ooops!! My suspicions have arisen again. I just looked at your
email server address below. Are you a FAIRY?

Steve

Lyle Fairfield wrote in message
<[email protected]>...
--

At that time my XNews generated an identification token for me of
"lylefairyahoocom".

Steve may feel that
X-News identification tokens
are prima-facie evidence
of sexual orientation.

The thread in which this very strange post occurs is headed by two posts,
the first where Steve asks about our newsgroup and the second where I make
an attempt to answer.

Lyle

Larry Linson

It is not clear to me which posts in these threads are "real" and which are
impersonations. Certainly the accusation in one purportedly by PC Datasheet
is reminiscent of a troll who frequents comp.databases.ms-access.

The appropriate way to deal with a "repeat offender" is to forward his
advertising posts to his ISP and news server, politely requesting that they
"take appropriate action". Most reputable ISPs and news servers have
Acceptable Use Policies or Terms of Service that prohibit their facilities
being used to advertise/spam in newsgroups.

The charter of comp.databases.ms-access and discussion of advertising in
that newsgroup can be found in the FAQ at
http://www.mvps.org/access/netiquette.htm..

Larry Linson

Keith

PC Datasheet said:
the first responder to the thread titled, "Stop Steve,why". He is a
*fairy*;

Oh dear, if I were a prospective client I'd be looking elsewhere after
reading that.

Kevin

From: Steve ([email protected])
Original Format
Newsgroups: comp.databases.ms-access
Date: 2000-12-02 03:18:33 PST

ooops!! My suspicions have arisen again. I just looked at your
email server address below. Are you a FAIRY?

Steve

Lyle Fairfield wrote in message
<[email protected]>...
--

At that time my XNews generated an identification token for me of
"lylefairyahoocom".

Steve may feel that
X-News identification tokens
are prima-facie evidence
of sexual orientation.

The thread in which this very strange post occurs is headed by two posts,
the first where Steve asks about our newsgroup and the second where I make
an attempt to answer.

Lyle
--

Hey I just wanted to say as a typical 'newbie' on this group, I
appreciate everyone who've put in their time / effort into helping

I don't mind so much for this so called 'advertising' made by Steve...
but this name calling (fairy???) is just silly. After reading all of
this, I don't know about others but I personally would never pay
someone like him to help me. I'd rather go to one of the MVP's or
anyone who conducts themselves profesionally / maturely.

Just my $0.02 to Steve; I don't agree/disagree with your advertising
strategy but *please grow up*.

-Kevin

Rob Parker

Hi Chris,

I'm interested. I tried emailing you off-group, but you're posting through
the MS discussion group, so that failed. Can you email me, at my (slightly
munged for newsgroups) address I use for posting.

TIA,

Rob

Chris Reveille said:
I also have collected many of the posts in this newsgroup.
It is in an Access database that was written by one of the
MVP's. This db has searching built into it. Right now it
is 4 megabytes with over 1400 entries( I only save what I
feel is usefull to me). I will gladly email it to anyone
interested for free. This newsgroup has helped me
tremendously and I will gladly share what I have.

Thanks to all of you
Chris Reveille
<snip>

Larry Linson

XMVP said:
[Readers: Be aware that Larry Linson is impersonating Joan Wild in this
thread.]

Readers: Be aware that XMVP is known to impersonate others, and that PC
Datasheet is known to use fake names to ask questions (I presume so it won't
be obvious that he doesn't know some areas).

I haven't found it necessary, nor desirable, nor entertaining to impersonate
anyone. I am acquainted with Joan Wild, and she is perfectly capable of
speaking for herself without help from me or anyone else.

Larry Linson