stop error

G

I downloaded a patch (sp1) from windows site and after rebooting my system starts to load but stops before displaying and continually reboots (loops) I get the message: Stop Error 0x0000001e. Since I can't get to windows I cant rremove anything. Any comments please.

G

System goes to stop before loading windows and therefore I cant access any program to remove devices or debug

G

George Hester

The article was addressing a Setup issue. Since we are not Setting up it looks to me you may have tried installing drivers you obtained from the Microsoft Windows Update site. Did that happen? Ever? Look in the history. Of course if you cannot access the site from the machine operating system in question then you will have to get access to the partition in some manner and look at this file:

C:\Program Files\WindowsUpdate\V4\iuhist.xml

You can just open this in IE and you will be searching for anything that has the word "driver" in it w/o the quotes. If it is a video driver which I suspect then you will need to see if you can start in Safe Mode. Can you?

Ask a Question