STOP Error Problem - Please help!

tnerbrellim

Yesterday I recieved all the parts for my new(old) computer. I'm usin
both of my old hard drives, power supply, and case but everything els
is new. Pentium D 920 on a Gigabyte GA-G1975X motherboard. The two ol
hard drives are both IDE, WD 80gb, one with a better cache than th
other

When booting to the HD with windows on it, (HD 1), I recieve a STO
error message with 0x0000007b in it. I discovered that this i
probably because of the new mobo and old XP installation. I am no
against reformatting, however I would like to avoid so

So, I put in the XP disc (authentic) and boot to it. Try to repai
installation or install a new one, same error : Something about no
having any hard drives on my system. I check the BIOS, and it i
listing my two IDE drives as SCSI drives. I power down, swap the id
cables on the motherboard (my DVDR was on IDE 1, and the HD's were o
IDE 2 -- cables fit better and the manual reccomended it) so that no
the HD's were on IDE 1, with the bootable being master, and bot
jumpers set to CS

I try to boot to windows, same error message. This time, however
booting to the XP disc allows it to run through all the drivers, et
until it gets to the point where I should be able to choose whethe
to install xp or repair, etc. Instead, I get the same BSOD with th
(now complete) message "STOP: 0x0000007b (0xF78D2524
0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000

I am lost at what to do. I have tried booting with just one drive o
the other installed, and I get the same problems, even though the on
drive is not a bootable XP drive, just some NTFS storage. Also
knoppix will not boot up in my current configuration, however i
would before when I was recieving the no HD's installed error. I'v
tried both drives on both IDE cables. I've swapped out cables to mak
sure nothing is wrong with them. Both hard drives can be mounted i
another system and explored in XP

Does anyone have any suggesitons or ideas? Anything at all would b
appreciated. Don't hesitate to ask for more information. Thanks i
advance

JAD

tnerbrellim said:
Yesterday I recieved all the parts for my new(old) computer. I'm using
both of my old hard drives, power supply, and case but everything else
is new. Pentium D 920 on a Gigabyte GA-G1975X motherboard. The two old
hard drives are both IDE, WD 80gb, one with a better cache than the
other.

When booting to the HD with windows on it, (HD 1), I recieve a STOP
error message with 0x0000007b in it. I discovered that this is
probably because of the new mobo and old XP installation. I am not
against reformatting, however I would like to avoid so.

So, I put in the XP disc (authentic) and boot to it. Try to repair
installation or install a new one, same error : Something about not
having any hard drives on my system. I check the BIOS, and it is
listing my two IDE drives as SCSI drives. I power down, swap the ide
cables on the motherboard (my DVDR was on IDE 1, and the HD's were on
IDE 2 -- cables fit better and the manual reccomended it) so that now
the HD's were on IDE 1, with the bootable being master, and both
jumpers set to CS.

jumper them properly slave and master

Chris Hill

[...]

booting to the XP disc allows it to run through all the drivers, etc
until it gets to the point where I should be able to choose whether
to install xp or repair, etc. Instead, I get the same BSOD with the
(now complete) message "STOP: 0x0000007b (0xF78D2524,
0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I am lost at what to do. I have tried booting with just one drive or
the other installed, and I get the same problems, even though the one
drive is not a bootable XP drive, just some NTFS storage. Also,
knoppix will not boot up in my current configuration, however it
would before when I was recieving the no HD's installed error. I've
tried both drives on both IDE cables. I've swapped out cables to make
sure nothing is wrong with them. Both hard drives can be mounted in
another system and explored in XP.

Does anyone have any suggesitons or ideas? Anything at all would be
appreciated. Don't hesitate to ask for more information. Thanks in
advance!

I tried to do a big upgrade without reinstalling windows about a month
ago. Mine got a little farther than yours, but after half a day
messing with it I erased the win xp and programs folders and did what
I should've done to begin with.

sbb78247

tnerbrellim said:
[...]

you're ****ed

clean install

hth, hand, and gfia

and it means put your old shit back in, backup your treasured porn
collection, then bite the big one and start from scratch. your system will
thank you.

oh and by the way - **** off you ****ing idiot!

tnerbrellim

Apparrently, my MB can only have old IDE devices on IDE channel 1. B
putting my DVD on IDE 1 Master and the xp HD on slave, I was able t
repair the XP installation

However, now I get a perpetual reboot where before I would get th
STOP error; I assume the same error is occuring

John Doe

Troll