STILL LOSING INTERNET

Colleen

I've un-installed the anti spyware software, I ran
winsockfix, I ran "netsh int ip reset" I ran "netsh
winsock reset" , rebooted and I'm still losing my
connection. After seeing how many people have had
problems, I think microsoft needs to make a fix for it.
Anybody have a suggestion about what else I can try?

Steve Dodson [MSFT]

What type of connection are you running? Is it dial-up, DSL, etc? Is the
connection disconnecting, or are you seeing that you do not receive an IP
address from a DHCP server? I need some more information to see what may be
going on.

-steve

Steve Dodson [MSFT]
MCSE, CISSP
PSS Security

originated.

I"m using DSL. It's not the DSL or the modem because my
laptop works. I can access the interet when I power up my
computer, but after several minutes I get "page not found"
when browsing. Interestingly, I can send/receive mail
using outlook express. I can't get any web pages
however. What else can I check to gather more info?

THANK YOU

From: "Colleen" <[email protected]>
Sender: "Colleen" <[email protected]>
Subject: STILL LOSING INTERNET
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 09:29:49 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.private.security.spyware.networking

I've un-installed the anti spyware software, I ran
winsockfix, I ran "netsh int ip reset" I ran "netsh
winsock reset" , rebooted and I'm still losing my
connection. After seeing how many people have had
problems, I think microsoft needs to make a fix for it.
Anybody have a suggestion about what else I can try?

.

Mark L. Ferguson

Go to Start/Run, and type: REGSVR32 URLMON.DLL Then open IE, Tools menu, Options, Program Tab, and click the "Reset Web Settings"
button.

From: "Colleen" <[email protected]>
Sender: "Colleen" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 09:29:49 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.private.security.spyware.networking

I've un-installed the anti spyware software, I ran
winsockfix, I ran "netsh int ip reset" I ran "netsh
winsock reset" , rebooted and I'm still losing my
connection. After seeing how many people have had
problems, I think microsoft needs to make a fix for it.
Anybody have a suggestion about what else I can try?

.

Did this, got a success message after the REGSVR32
URLMON.DLL, reset the web settings, same problem.
Shutdown and restarted, same problem.

Other ideas?
[...]

and
confers no rights.

originated.
From: "Colleen" <[email protected]>
Sender: "Colleen" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 09:29:49 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.private.security.spyware.networking

I've un-installed the anti spyware software, I ran
winsockfix, I ran "netsh int ip reset" I ran "netsh
winsock reset" , rebooted and I'm still losing my
connection. After seeing how many people have had
problems, I think microsoft needs to make a fix for it.
Anybody have a suggestion about what else I can try?

.

.

Mark L. Ferguson

Power Management might be timing out.

The Properties of the connection device might have a Power Management tab, and checkboxes to uncheck.

Modem, USB HUB, or whatever applies

[...]

Use of included script samples are subject to the terms
specified at

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all
message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread from
which they
originated.
From: "Colleen" <[email protected]>
Sender: "Colleen" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 09:29:49 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.private.security.spyware.networking

I've un-installed the anti spyware software, I ran
winsockfix, I ran "netsh int ip reset" I ran "netsh
winsock reset" , rebooted and I'm still losing my
connection. After seeing how many people have had
problems, I think microsoft needs to make a fix for it.
Anybody have a suggestion about what else I can try?

.

.

Colleen

I have a DSL connection. I don't see anything like Power
Management on the LAN connection in Network Connections
Panel.

From: "Colleen" <[email protected]>
Sender: "Colleen" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 09:29:49 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.private.security.spyware.networking

I've un-installed the anti spyware software, I ran
winsockfix, I ran "netsh int ip reset" I ran "netsh
winsock reset" , rebooted and I'm still losing my
connection. After seeing how many people have had
problems, I think microsoft needs to make a fix for it.
Anybody have a suggestion about what else I can try?

.

.

.

Mark L. Ferguson

Some DSL providers give out software with the hardware setup that can conflict with XP. If you installed their PPPoE software, you
should remove it.

Use the 'built in' PPPoE for WinXP. Open Network Connections folder, and use the "Add a New Connection" When asked for a area code,
just put it in, it's not really relevant. Next put a dot in "Internet Connection...", Next select the type broadband it is, etc. The
connection icon created can be assigned to IE, and can be shared( or not.)

Colleen said:
I have a DSL connection. I don't see anything like Power
Management on the LAN connection in Network Connections
Panel.

The Properties of the connection device might have a
Power Management tab, and checkboxes to uncheck.
Modem, USB HUB, or whatever applies

Did this, got a success message after the REGSVR32
URLMON.DLL, reset the web settings, same problem.
Shutdown and restarted, same problem.

Other ideas?
Go to Start/Run, and type: REGSVR32 URLMON.DLL Then open
IE, Tools menu, Options, Program Tab, and click
the "Reset Web Settings"
button.

http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
..

From: "Colleen" <[email protected]>
Sender: "Colleen" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 09:29:49 -0800
Newsgroups:
microsoft.private.security.spyware.networking