Still having link problems opening in middle frame

G

Re: www.geocities.com/fidelio1st/film.ht

The problem I’m having is getting my links on the left and right frames to open in the middle frame. I created a template of the top, left, and right frames. (I'm in the middle of a redesign, so not all links are supposed to work yet, some link to old website

1) if you go to the film page, link above, the links seem to work (in the left frame, top 3 links). But then, if you go to the “Ripley page†from the middle, then click on “Bookmark/Link Pageâ€, this takes you to what looks the same, but has the link: http://www.geocities.com/fidelio1st/film/ripleysgame.htm

I set it up this way so I can google each individual page. So it’s the same template as the film page, as you can see. But now the links (if you try the top 3 on the left side again) don’t open in the middle frame, they open in a new window. Why is this? My target frame hasn't changed

I was given this advice

In the frameset HTML, remove the target values from each page, and also remove the <bas
target="_parent"> in the head of the frameset pag

And I took those out. It seemed to help my problem at first, but then it created the problem above. Any help appreciated.

T

Thomas A. Rowe

On your actual frameset page, remove the target values, then on indexleft and indexright, select
each link and set the target value to the actual name of the middle frame, which is
"Fidelios_Film_Central"

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Fidelio said:
Re: www.geocities.com/fidelio1st/film.htm

The problem I'm having is getting my links on the left and right frames to open in the middle
frame. I created a template of the top, left, and right frames. (I'm in the middle of a redesign,
so not all links are supposed to work yet, some link to old website)
1) if you go to the film page, link above, the links seem to work (in the left frame, top 3
links). But then, if you go to the "Ripley page" from the middle, then click on "Bookmark/Link
Page", this takes you to what looks the same, but has the link:
http://www.geocities.com/fidelio1st/film/ripleysgame.html
I set it up this way so I can google each individual page. So it's the same template as the film
page, as you can see. But now the links (if you try the top 3 on the left side again) don't open in
the middle frame, they open in a new window. Why is this? My target frame hasn't changed.
I was given this advice:

In the frameset HTML, remove the target values from each page, and also remove the <base
target="_parent"> in the head of the frameset page

And I took those out. It seemed to help my problem at first, but then it created the problem
above. Any help appreciated.

G

Thanks, Thomas, you helped me both times, and I think this time it's working correctly. It's weird, I'll go into the HTML part in Front Page with the different frames (not Frames Page HTML) and I'll take out

<base target="_top"

But then when I close the file, then open the file back up, that appears again. But it doesn't seem to be affecting it this time

Thank you for your help.

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Make sure when you set the target value, that Apply as Page default is not checked.

--
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Fidelio said:
Thanks, Thomas, you helped me both times, and I think this time it's working correctly. It's
weird, I'll go into the HTML part in Front Page with the different frames (not Frames Page HTML) and
I'll take out:
<base target="_top">

But then when I close the file, then open the file back up, that appears again. But it doesn't
seem to be affecting it this time.

Ask a Question