Status bar text size

fredg

Using Office 2002 with Windows XP.

OK, I give up.
I need to increase the font size in the Status Bar display, the part
that displays Ready as well as the Sum of a column of selected
numbers.
I thought it was a general Windows setting under the Advanced button,
but I couldn't find which one. I'm using the Windows Classic Style,
Windows Standard, Font Size Large (Extra large makes everything else
too large and it doesn't seem to affect the Status bar text anyway).
making the Sheetname font larger would be helpful as well. Probably
the same setting but I can't find it.

Jim Cone

Re: change statusbar font size...
I have never found a way to do that.
Use capital letters.

Re: sheet name tab font size...
height of the sheet tab is determined by the setting for
the scroll bar width. The tab font size increases with the height.
'--

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA
(Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming)

"fredg"
wrote in message
Using Office 2002 with Windows XP.

OK, I give up.
I need to increase the font size in the Status Bar display, the part
that displays Ready as well as the Sum of a column of selected
numbers.
I thought it was a general Windows setting under the Advanced button,
but I couldn't find which one. I'm using the Windows Classic Style,
Windows Standard, Font Size Large (Extra large makes everything else
too large and it doesn't seem to affect the Status bar text anyway).
making the Sheetname font larger would be helpful as well. Probably
the same setting but I can't find it.

Jim Cone

I should have omitted the part about capital letters.
That only applies when using programming code.
Jim Cone

wrote in message
Re: change statusbar font size...
I have never found a way to do that.
Use capital letters.

Re: sheet name tab font size...
height of the sheet tab is determined by the setting for
the scroll bar width. The tab font size increases with the height.'--

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA
(Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming)

Thanks for responding, Jim.
I resolved the problem by replacing the monitor.
The font size is still small, but at least now it's crisp and has
great contrast so it's viewable to me.
I still can't understand why the height of the bar and it's font size
are not user settable.