Keep on Crunching

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
We just keep on climbing :D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I am back to a single machine. Yesterday my son was going insane trying to find out what is causing the rise in temperatures and causing abrupt shutdowns when he was simply browsing. I had no idea what was happening until he came up to me with a long face. I checked the system and realised I forgot to uninstall FaD from the main home rig ;) He never knew about it since the program was configured to be hidden and working in the background.

He is happy now that the temperatures have dropped by as much as 15-18 Deg C

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Sorry Quad, I did try to warn people of that 'potential' problem ... hope he wasn't too upset. :)

You need to get a better HSF now. :D

Reaction score
:thumb:
Woohoo!!! I got my name on a list!!
How do you get your stats signature?

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Sorry Quad, I did try to warn people of that 'potential' problem ... hope he wasn't too upset. :)

You need to get a better HSF now. :D

I do not plan to upgrade or buy a new rig, I will simply buy a laptop for my son's use. This way no hassle's.

Basically my son interest is not into being a computer geek, he just uses it to get by with emails and a bit of browsing. For those applications one really does not need a full fleged rig. This one is still a great machine and it will last another year or two before becoming outdated.

My current laptop is 2.0Ghz (Pentium M) which in terms of desktop cpu calculates to be 3.0Ghz. This is fast enough for me :p

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Quadophile said:
You go the link provided and cut the generated script but make sure you use the Image option rather than just paste the URL.

http://sero.cwsurf.de/generator.php

;)

Quad, I'm struggling with this :confused: - I've generated a link it looks like this: http://sero.cwsurf.de/dc.php/user/Adywebb/team/PC Review/transparent/true/project/fad.png
Now where do I put it in the Upload Sig page? - I've tried putting it in the 'enter signature URL' and pressed 'save changes' but it doesn't seem to work????

Where am I going wrong? Sorry I'm being thick!!:blush:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Quad, I'm struggling with this :confused: - I've generated a link it looks like this: http://sero.cwsurf.de/dc.php/user/Adywebb/team/PC Review/transparent/true/project/fad.png
Now where do I put it in the Upload Sig page? - I've tried putting it in the 'enter signature URL' and pressed 'save changes' but it doesn't seem to work????

Where am I going wrong? Sorry I'm being thick!!:blush:

Try going to edit sig in the control panel, and then add:

[*img]http://sero.cwsurf.de/dc.php/user/Adywebb/team/PC Review/transparent/true/project/fad.png[/img*]

(You'll have to remove the *'s, they were just to stop the tags from inserting the image)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Thanks Ian - I've done as you've suggested - how long does it generally take to start appearing?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
That would be straight away then!!!!!:D

Thanks Ian!!!:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question