Staff Rota Template?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Excel Programming' started by Steve Davies, May 19, 2006.

  1. Steve Davies

    Steve Davies Guest

    Hi

    I am trying to design a staff duty rota template for a shop open 7 days per
    week. We have between 4 ­ 6 staff (depending on seasonal fluctuations) and
    each member of staff has two days off per week.

    I have searched the Microsoft database of templates and found nothing that
    will allow me to input staff names and then automatically assign staff to
    the rota in a fair and even way. Is this beyond the capabilities of Excel?
    It¹s certainly beyond the capability of my tiny pea brain to programme it!

    If anyone can help I¹d be really grateful. I¹d like to be able to create a
    spreadsheet that lets me input shop opening and closing hours (these change
    seasonally, too), input names of the staff on the books, and then give me a
    rota that stretches 3-months ahead...

    Any tips or advice gratefully received!

    Cheers

    Steve

    Steve Davies, May 19, 2006

  2. Steve Davies

    Guest Guest

    There is no built in functionality to support this.

    I would suggest you search Google for Rota or Scheduling shifts.

    http://www.google.com

    I am sure there are some free ware or inexpensive applications that will
    give you much more than you could come up with using Excel.

    --
    Regards,
    Tom Ogilvy

    Guest, May 19, 2006