SQL Server s-l-o-w to connect to

A

Andrew Kidd

Hi,

I've upsized an Access 2000 database to SQL Server 2000 and the database is now split into front-end (Access .mdb) and back-end (SQL Server), connected via an ODBC File DSN.

When the users first open a form, it takes a couple of minutes before anything happens, but after a while everything runs normally.

The network consists of several Windows 2000 Pro PCs all connected via a switch to a Dell SBS 2000 Server, with 512Mb RAM.

Is there anything obvious that I've done wrong or should be looking at?

The same Access front-end and SQL back-end running on my SBS 2000 network runs fine right from the off - I'm stumped...!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Regards,

Andy

C

chas

Hi Andy,

try turning off 'Name AutoCorrect' in the front end via
Tools|Options - General tab. THat somethimes helps.

hth

chas
-----Original Message-----
Hi,

I've upsized an Access 2000 database to SQL Server 2000
and the database is now split into front-end (Access .mdb)
and back-end (SQL Server), connected via an ODBC File DSN.
When the users first open a form, it takes a couple of
minutes before anything happens, but after a while
everything runs normally.
The network consists of several Windows 2000 Pro PCs all
connected via a switch to a Dell SBS 2000 Server, with
512Mb RAM.

The same Access front-end and SQL back-end running on my
SBS 2000 network runs fine right from the off - I'm
stumped...!

J

Joe Fallon

http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm

Check out Tony's site for tips.
--
Joe Fallon
Access MVP

Hi,

I've upsized an Access 2000 database to SQL Server 2000 and the database is now split into front-end (Access .mdb) and back-end (SQL Server), connected via an ODBC File DSN.

When the users first open a form, it takes a couple of minutes before anything happens, but after a while everything runs normally.

The network consists of several Windows 2000 Pro PCs all connected via a switch to a Dell SBS 2000 Server, with 512Mb RAM.

The same Access front-end and SQL back-end running on my SBS 2000 network runs fine right from the off - I'm stumped...!

Regards,

Andy

A

Andrew Kidd

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reply - I'll have a look.

Andy
http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm

Check out Tony's site for tips.
--
Joe Fallon
Access MVP

Hi,

Regards,

Andy

Ask a Question