SQL Server CE and MS Access

Hi guy

I'm thinking to move from eVB to VB.NET, I would like to know if I can import a *.sdf database created with SQL Server CE into a MS Access (I'm thinking of using SQL Server 2000 desktop engine). Before buying Visual Stuido I want to be sure that this can be done, can anyone of you send me the Northwind.sdf file via email? Any help with importing the file is very much appreciated

Thanks :blush:)

Amy Yuan [MS]

Hi,

You cannot import SQL CE database data into Access, but you can import it
into SQL Desktop Engine (MSDE) and SQL Server using RDA and merge
replication.

Thanks,
Amy

--------------------
| From: =?Utf-8?B?RXJpY2th?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: SQL Server CE and MS Access
| Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 18:16:03 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework
|
| Hi guys

I'm thinking to move from eVB to VB.NET, I would like to know if I can
import a *.sdf database created with SQL Server CE into a MS Access (I'm
thinking of using SQL Server 2000 desktop engine). Before buying Visual
Stuido I want to be sure that this can be done, can anyone of you send me
the Northwind.sdf file via email? Any help with importing the file is very
much appreciated.

Thanks :blush:)

Thanks for the info Amy. Could you please send me the Northwind.sdf file via email