Sql CE and external memory/storage...

dw

Hello..

Our current .Net CF app has the SqlCE database in the
device memory/storage. however, our customers would like
to maintain more offline data...so we are looking at
moving the database to one of those external memory
cards. First...is this possible. I am assuming it
is...but I haven't played around with it yet. Also, are
there any issues that we would run into...performance?

thanks
- dw

Ben Albahari [MS]

Yes, it is possible to store your SQL CE database on an SD card. The
performance greatly depends on the manufacturer of the SD card. This
webcast has URL links and performance graphs comparing this for different
manufacturers and SQL CE on CF vs RAM:

http://microsoft.sitestream.com/DAT/DAT309_files/default.htm

Hope that helps,

Ben Albahari