Spybot Admin Problem

Reaction score
Thank you in advance for your help.

When I try to delete something on Spybot it says I can't because I'm not the administrator. But my son-in-law checked, and I am listed as the admin. Today I got tagged by Blogger as potentially spamming. I really need to get spybot up and running. Unfortunately, I use Vista and I'm a computer idiot --- my husband was the expert.

Thank you very much in advance for the help.
Teri-K

Last edited:
Reaction score
Teri-K said:
Thank you in advance for your help.

When I try to delete something on Spybot it says I can't because I'm not the administrator. But my son-in-law checked, and I am listed as the admin. Today I got tagged by Blogger as potentially spamming. I really need to get spybot up and running. Unfortunately, I use Vista and I'm a computer idiot --- my husband was the expert.

Thank you very much in advance for the help.
Teri-K

Hi Teri-K..............
happywave.gif
happywave.gif
happywave.gif

Welcome to the forum............
happywave.gif
happywave.gif
happywave.gif

Right click on the Spybot Icon on your desktop, when the drop down appears, select "Run as Administrator"..Job done, you might see Vista's ULC pop up, select yes if it does. You are now running Spybot as an Administrator..

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome to PCR

If you think you have a few "nasties" lurking around on your PC, I wouldn't bother with SB, it just don't hack it anymore. (pun intended)

Opt for one of the more robust "destroyers of spyware" and go get MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware ... google will show you the way. ;)

:user:

Reaction score
Madx -- Thanks. After I ran it for new downloads and tried the way you suggested, it did work! I really appreciate it. I'm hoping I can get to my blog now.

mucks -- I keep hearing people suggest spybot to others, but occasionally I hear folks who agree with you. I think I will do some more looking around, too.

Thanks so much, Teri-K

Reaction score
Teri-K said:
mucks -- I keep hearing people suggest spybot to others, but occasionally I hear folks who agree with you. I think I will do some more looking around, too.

I think the majority now days would agree with Mucks..There is far better than Spybot available...

Ask a Question