Spring cleaning

Reaction score
Decided after recently spring cleaning my pc, i should do the same on my home.
I've chucked lots of stuff out, mostly old work stuff, the odd ammo-box's (empty) old kit i never use, lots of old waterproofs, a few bivi bags & some old army rations expire date 2002!

Found a few old pc parts, a massive 2MB GC, and a few old 120MB HDD!
But i'm amazed on how much more space i have, might be able to move some other stuff out of were i keep my pc and even get try to get another computer up & running.

But, what do you have that you should really throw away?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I'd wear my fingers out typing all that info . I'm a yorkshireman you know.
laughingsmiley.gif

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think I need a clearout too, I've got a few random things that I thought "ah, this may be useful one day"... I think that day has passed :lol:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Well anyone chucking out IDE 120GB HDD or Socket 939 AGP Motherboards can PM me and i will pay postage ;) :p

Throwing away ...kids toys...last year wife made £400 from car booting...This year probably the same..conservatory resembles a Lego Beirut ;) or should i say an England Cricket teams batting prowess :wall:

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I have a lockup full of toot which, no matter how much stuff I throw out, never seems to get any less. Odd :confused:

I do keep the Disco stuff in there and a lot of work stuff, reels of cable and the like, so it ain't all rubbish.

As for in my home - not a lot really, most everything here I want to keep or has a purpose.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
I love Cockney talk ..

I have a lockup full of toot which, no matter how much stuff I throw out, never seems to get any less. Odd :confused:

Is this a Northern "Garage" or a more sinister George Cole building ??;)

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Brilliant Flops....;) :D

for the un educated..a little intro

Probably the best comedy/drama to ever come from ITV. Arthur Daley (Cockney) is an entrepreneur. If he can make money, Arthur's interested. Except that he's also the king of dodgy deals, which calls for him to have a bodyguard or a minder. His minder is Terry McCann(Cockney). He's just out of prison and needs the work. The relationship between Terry and Arthur is sometimes strained to its limit, but they're loyal to eachother. They're forever trying to dodge the law, and always succeed.

George Cole (Arthur) and Dennis Waterman (Terry) made the charcters and I can't imagine anyone else playing them so well. George Cole is an extremely experienced actor, as is Dennis Waterman and this shows throughout each episode. Just little things like raised eyebrows or a quick cheeky grin, give a whole new perspective to the programme. In all Arthur Daley is the man we love to distrust.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I think junk has the ability to regenerate.... all by itself :eek: if our loft is anything to judge by :lol:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Me, I'm a hoarder (sp?) who now lives in a cottage barely big enough for the human beings, let alone my prefered level of Junk :eek:
& So I have had to periodically engage in the practice of.... throwing out *shudder*
John, on the other hand, is a compulsive tidyer, if ever I've lost anything chances are high John's 'tidied' it. Which most often means into the bin :eek:

& in the garden :lol:
we have come to an agreement there that, although we do the heavy stuff together, he leaves the weeding to me.
It's a large garden & I probably don't keep up with it quite as much as I ought. But if I let John anywhere near it... well, his definition of what's a weed & what's a plant (if he doesn't know what it is then it's a weed) & mine don't quite coincide.

But I do know I'm past due for a tidyout. Got a ton of old junk lying around in boxes under the house. Mostly stuff that's still packed from when I moved here. Unfortunately it's all packed in with books & the like that I want to keep so I actually have to sort it rather than just dump the boxes as is, & that's always a trip down memory lane & I always get mushy when trying to sort stuff from when the kids were little :wall:
So most of it ends up back under the house again :eek: :wall:

Ask a Question