Spreadsheet analysis and concurrency

Reaction score
Hi, I'm wondering how google docs compares with microsoft spreadsheet capability, and if it is an effective substitute for moderate-level analytical and sharing functionality. Appreciate basic feedback you might have offhand. Thanks, Gabe Aufiero

Reaction score
Of course it would also be helpful to know if there are any even better alternatives that have popped up recently- thks again

Reaction score
As far as sharing, Google docs works great if you are sharing amongst users with a Gmail account. You are able to have multiple people in the document, open a chat window on the right hand side, and see live edits of the document in the main portion of the window. You also have pretty good control over who can do what to the documents. As far as capability, I've never used Google Docs for more than simple data sharing. If you're looking for a free or open source alternative to MS Excel, you can try Open Office or Libre Office, but the sharing capability isn't really there as far as I know.

Ask a Question