Sporadic Page Header Disappearances

Reaction score
I have a report (in Access 2003) that always displays fine when generated, however when it is printed or emailed the page header on the first page occasionally (about 40% of the time) gets dropped. The header always prints fine on the second page. The database repairs and compacts on close so I don't think the report is corrupted. All of the computers that receive it via email are attached to the same network printer (as their default – with up-to-date drivers) and generating the report on one of the other computers doesn't seem to affect the frequency of the disappearing first page headers. Any thoughts on what might cause this? It's been going on for months and I'm stymied on how to fix it; my boss says I must find a way. Help, please!

TIA,
Roxane

Reaction score
Let me clarify a bit. A small sub-report that is in the page header emails/prints fine...but the labels(title, column heads, etc) often only appear in the second page's header.

Reaction score
Duh! Having a sounding board really does help, even with no immediate feedback. Although I hate to bloat my apps with duplicate anythings (rpts/qrys/etc), since the subreport always stays visible I duplicated it with the labels for this report inside it (I use this subreport in many of my other rpts, so I had to maintain a pristine version)...dumped the problematic lables from the full report...and increased the space allowed for the subreport in the page header. Viola! Everything seems to be showing up, even when emailed! I'll give it another day or two of testing before I'm convinced the problem is solved (since I don't really know what caused it!), but I believe this solution works. I'm posting this in case anyone else runs into something similar.

Thanks,
Roxane

Ask a Question