Spider Solitaire CPU Load

C Smith

When I finish a Spider Solitaire game and the little fire
woks go off my CPU usage goes up to 100%. Does any one
know why this is or how to make it not happen. I'm
running XP pro on a 2.63GHz P4. It is a home build, so I
want to make sure I didn't make a mistake that is causing
this.
Thanks
Carter

Jimmy S.

Hi Carter,

I see no real issue at hand. Even if you grab a windows and
twirl it around the screen for a few seconds the CPU usage
will spike up to 100%. If it was to stay at that reading for a
prolonged period of time, then certainly it would be cause for
concern. That's my honest opinion. :)

--
Cheers,
Jimmy S.

Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
Microsoft Online Tech Support: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=376
Game FAQ's: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

| When I finish a Spider Solitaire game and the little fire
| woks go off my CPU usage goes up to 100%. Does any one
| know why this is or how to make it not happen. I'm
| running XP pro on a 2.63GHz P4. It is a home build, so I
| want to make sure I didn't make a mistake that is causing
| this.
| Thanks
| Carter

Carter

That is the problem. When the game finishes and the "fire
works" are going off the CPU usage stays at 100% as long
as the spider window is active. If I switch to a
different active window the fire works pause and CPU usage
goes down to nothing. I have been running several
programs before that total to about 1% CPU usage, but when
the fire works are active it sustains at 100%. The Kernal
times are also high. I am woried because as I monitor my
CPU temp. It steadily rises. I haven't let it go too far,
but my system runns at 45 C normaly and it has gotten to
59 C in about 5 min. Sorry for any confusion, but I am
woried about system stability.

Carter

Jimmy S.

Hi Carter,

Well, you can certainly reinstall the game, and also eliminate
all other programs that may be causing that spike such as a
firewall or antivirus program, but otherwise, the safest bet is
to just close out the program if you allow it to take up all your
CPU focus. IMHO there is really nothing you've done wrong. :)

--
Cheers,
Jimmy S.

Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
Microsoft Online Tech Support: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=376
Game FAQ's: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

| That is the problem. When the game finishes and the "fire
| works" are going off the CPU usage stays at 100% as long
| as the spider window is active. If I switch to a
| different active window the fire works pause and CPU usage
| goes down to nothing. I have been running several
| programs before that total to about 1% CPU usage, but when
| the fire works are active it sustains at 100%. The Kernal
| times are also high. I am woried because as I monitor my
| CPU temp. It steadily rises. I haven't let it go too far,
| but my system runns at 45 C normaly and it has gotten to
| 59 C in about 5 min. Sorry for any confusion, but I am
| woried about system stability.
|
| Carter

Jimmy S.

Glad to be of service! :)

"Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message | Hi Carter,

| Well, you can certainly reinstall the game, and also eliminate
| all other programs that may be causing that spike such as a
| firewall or antivirus program, but otherwise, the safest bet is
| to just close out the program if you allow it to take up all your
| CPU focus. IMHO there is really nothing you've done wrong. :)
|
| --
| Cheers,
| Jimmy S.
|
| Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
| Microsoft Online Tech Support: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=376
| Game FAQ's: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
| _________________________________________________________
|
| | | That is the problem. When the game finishes and the "fire
| | works" are going off the CPU usage stays at 100% as long
| | as the spider window is active. If I switch to a
| | different active window the fire works pause and CPU usage
| | goes down to nothing. I have been running several
| | programs before that total to about 1% CPU usage, but when
| | the fire works are active it sustains at 100%. The Kernal
| | times are also high. I am woried because as I monitor my
| | CPU temp. It steadily rises. I haven't let it go too far,
| | but my system runns at 45 C normaly and it has gotten to
| | 59 C in about 5 min. Sorry for any confusion, but I am
| | woried about system stability.
| |