Spellcheck-able form

jyk

Hi all,

I've been asked to re-create a form (which currently uses legacy form
fields) so that spellcheck will work. I've searched and read all of the
only way to enable spellcheck for a form that uses legacy form fields
is to use a macro. I'm comfortable with macros, but I'd like to avoid
them in this case if possible.

The best alternative I've found is to use content controls and protect
the form by grouping, or by using protection with exceptions. The only
drawback I've found with this approach is that spellcheck is only
enabled when a non-protected control is selected, which I think might
be confusing to the casual user.

Ideally what I'm looking for is a way to create a form where only
specific fields can be edited, and where spellcheck is always enabled.
I'm beginning to think that this isn't possible in Word, but before
giving up on it I thought I'd post here, just to see if I'm missing
anything.

jyk

Thanks for your reply :)

I've read the article you linked (it seems to be what's usually poste
understand that the best - and perhaps only - way to spellcheck a for
that uses legacy form fields is to use a macro.

Basically, I was trying to find a way to enable spellcheck in
user-friendly way without using macros. The only problem I've run int
with content controls is that you have to select a non-protecte
control in order for spellcheck to be enabled. (Otherwise though, usin
content controls is the best non-macro solution I've found so far.)

'Stefan Blom[_3_ said:
;436051']The macro may be the most suitable option, after all. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/SpellcheckProtectDoc.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP