Spell Checker

Reaction score
Would it be an easy thing to add a spell checker to the forum when posting new threads or replying to posts?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
There already is one ;)

Once you click on "New Thread" or "New Reply" then the button is at the bottom of the post box.

Here's a screenshot as it's a bit hidden:

attachment.php

Attachments

• SpellCheck.gif
    SpellCheck.gif
    29 KB · Views: 200

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
ah but, Ian, did you 'fix' it for us using English UK British writing style ... Hmmm, it wants to fix the word 'fix'. :confused:

I have gotten used to using Google's toolbar spellchecker. :D

:D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I'm taking my new glasses back , I never saw the link till you showed us it Ian . I have a spell checker , I don't know which one or where it is . Works most of the time in FF but not for this site . So ta again .

:D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
ah but, Ian, did you 'fix' it for us using English UK British writing style ... Hmmm, it wants to fix the word 'fix'. :confused:

I might have to check that ;)

I use a plugin called iespell personally (www.iespell.com) - it's a free plugin for IE that lets you check spelling with a couple of clicks. I never thought about just using the google one :blush:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Thanks for that ME__2001 works a treat in the quick reply window here but not in the main reply window . Don't know why though .
Not a problem as I now know where the PC Review spell checker is . It is handy though when your wrong spellings are underlined as your typing .
happywave.gif

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Thanks for that ME__2001 works a treat in the quick reply window here but not in the main reply window . Don't know why though .
Not a problem as I now know where the PC Review spell checker is . It is handy though when your wrong spellings are underlined as your typing .
happywave.gif

if you right click the reply box you can choose to spelll check the field, for some reason though you have to do it every time you reply on here?? but as you say works fine in the quick reply and just about everywhere else

Ask a Question