Windows XP SPAM - no... not the meaty type!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
What would be the best way to stop receiving spam mail? I'm getting about 10 pieces a day into my main e-mail account, and its driving me nuts! I've blocked all @bigfoot.com addresses, and I am tempted to do the same to @yahoo.com addresses (but some people still use these for legit purposes!)...

Any thoughts?

wildone

King of Modding
Reaction score
Ian,I had the same problem,but I was getting about 100-150 pieces per day,My ISP got some kinda software to seperate the legit mail.It still blocks certain ones I wish it didnt,but now I only get 1-3 spam mails per day.I think they did this for the simple reason that all the spam crashed there mailservers on two occasions.I think spam should be illegal,most of what I got didnt have a real address or even come from a real place,and quite a few had viruses.

wildone

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... disconnect from the internet. :brow:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Originally posted by muckshifter
... disconnect from the internet. :brow:

Very tempting ;)

Only this morning did I find out that I "have won $1,000,000" and "hot girls are waiting" for me in my inbox!!!! I'll check about that software wildone!

wildone

King of Modding
Reaction score
Ian,I do know one thing that I learned a little late,when you register a domain,and leave your real email address as the webmaster or under domain registration,there are crawlers that will get them that way.I to have had the hottest girls in my inbox,and have even had the email that says"over 100 million email addresses"reach more people ":crazy:

I just wander how many kids those bad emails get,makes me wonder about my nearly 3 year old.

wildone

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh yes, I get those ones about e-mails to spam... I'm very tempted to put the contact address in someone elses spam listings... muhahahahaha ;) I won't drop down to their level though :)

Ask a Question