Sound Blaster video card drivers

G

I upgraded from Windows ME to Windows XP. The sound card that came with the computer had sound drivers for the Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live!, Model CT4870. When I contacted Creative Labs I was informed: "We regret to inform you that the CT 4870 is an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacture) product that will likely require OEM drivers and software. You should contact your computer manufacturer for drivers and support. OEM products may be revised as per request of the computer manufacturer,and the computer manufacturer is responsible for updates and support of
the OEM revision. We do not have any drivers or software for this OEM card.

Can you help?

Thanks

Gregg Lope

D

dev

/G Lopez/ said:
I upgraded from Windows ME to Windows XP. The sound card that came with the computer had sound drivers for the Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live!, Model CT4870. When I contacted Creative Labs I was informed: "We regret to inform you that the CT 4870 is an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacture) product that will likely require OEM drivers and software. You should contact your computer manufacturer for drivers and support. OEM products may be revised as per request of the computer manufacturer,and the computer manufacturer is responsible for updates and support of
the OEM revision. We do not have any drivers or software for this OEM card."

I am surprised that XP did not install basic drivers for the card. You
can try other creative drivers for S.B.L., which may be available for
download at their site.

Did you attempt to contact your PC manufacturer, as Creative suggested?

D

Donald L McDaniel

I upgraded from Windows ME to Windows XP. The sound card that came with the computer had sound drivers for the Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live!, Model CT4870. When I contacted Creative Labs I was informed: "We regret to inform you that the CT 4870 is an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacture) product that will likely require OEM drivers and software. You should
contact your computer manufacturer for drivers and support. OEM products may be revised as per request of the computer manufacturer,and the computer manufacturer is responsible for updates and support of
the OEM revision. We do not have any drivers or software for this OEM card."

Can you help?

Thanks,

Gregg Lopez
How do you expect us to help?

1) Creative has said that it does not supply drivers for your particular
card. So you will be unable to get a driver for your card from
Creative.
2) Creative has also said that your card is an OEM card. This means it
probably requires a special driver supplied by the manufacturer of the
card, which is not Creative. This also means that only the manufacturer
of your card supplies the drivers/software for your card.

We suggest that you contact the manufacturer of your card to get drivers
and software from them.

--
Donald L McDaniel
Post all replies to the Newsgroup,
so that all may be informed.
Remove the obvious to reply by email.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ask a Question