Sort a Spreasheet by Color Highlights?

Is there a way to Sort a Spreadsheet by Color? I have an enormous spreadsheet
with yellow highlights scattered through and I want to sort by the
Highlighted rows.
How do I do this?

thank you

Jim Cone

VBA code is required to sort by color.
The next release of Excel will sort by color - availability is still uncertain.
Here is info on a commercial Excel add-in that sorts by color (from yours truly) ...
http://www.officeletter.com/blink/specialsort.html

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"talkCG" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
Is there a way to Sort a Spreadsheet by Color? I have an enormous spreadsheet
with yellow highlights scattered through and I want to sort by the
Highlighted rows.
How do I do this?
thank you

David McRitchie

Hi talkCG" ,
Or you can write your own macro, code available at
Sorting by Color
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm

Conditional Formatting colors is a bit more complicated, see
reference at the bottom of that page. But you should use the same
formula that you used to get C.F. and avoid that problem.

Needless to say sorting on color is not a good idea, as Jim indicated
Excel 2007 (Excel 12) will support color better. Currently if you change
color it will not trip an Event so you have to perform a manual calculation,
force a calculation, or use volatile.