Sorry if a little off topic but question on paper for letter headings

Ken

As header says sorry if considered little off topic but not sure where else
to ask that may get a sensible reply! For my small business I order 5,000
letter headings at a time on 100 gm paper. In the past when I have asked for
quotes on the premium papers the price jumps up dramatically.

We have just carried out a re-branding exercise with logos, letter head
design, etc. When the logos are used on colour printed sales literature the
colour look really good and really vibrant but imaging them on the surface
of letter headed paper with my pantone swatches they seem to look really
dead.

Any thoughts on how I can keep the vibrancy of the colours but not pay
really ridiculous prices for the printing.

Ken (UK)

Ken

Good question but as he is a very small two man band and not up on these
issues!!
Surprising but true.

Ken

JoAnn Paules said:
Why not ask your printer for advice?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

Ken said:
As header says sorry if considered little off topic but not sure where
else to ask that may get a sensible reply! For my small business I order
5,000 letter headings at a time on 100 gm paper. In the past when I have
asked for quotes on the premium papers the price jumps up dramatically.

We have just carried out a re-branding exercise with logos, letter head
design, etc. When the logos are used on colour printed sales literature
the colour look really good and really vibrant but imaging them on the
surface of letter headed paper with my pantone swatches they seem to look
really dead.

Any thoughts on how I can keep the vibrancy of the colours but not pay
really ridiculous prices for the printing.

Ken (UK)

JoAnn Paules

He can't give you suggestions to keep the cost down? Remind me to thank my
printer once again.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

Ken said:
As header says sorry if considered little off topic but not sure where
else to ask that may get a sensible reply! For my small business I order
5,000 letter headings at a time on 100 gm paper. In the past when I have
asked for quotes on the premium papers the price jumps up dramatically.

We have just carried out a re-branding exercise with logos, letter head
design, etc. When the logos are used on colour printed sales literature
the colour look really good and really vibrant but imaging them on the
surface of letter headed paper with my pantone swatches they seem to
look really dead.

Any thoughts on how I can keep the vibrancy of the colours but not pay
really ridiculous prices for the printing.

Ken (UK)

Tom Willett

I'd suggest finding a *real* printer that is up on those issues.

"Ken" <Reply to NG only> wrote in message
| Good question but as he is a very small two man band and not up on these
| issues!!
| Surprising but true.
|

| Ken
|

| | > Why not ask your printer for advice?
| >
| > --
| > JoAnn Paules
| > MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
| >
| > ~~~~~
| > How to ask a question
| > http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

| >> else to ask that may get a sensible reply! For my small business I
order
| >> 5,000 letter headings at a time on 100 gm paper. In the past when I
have
| >> asked for quotes on the premium papers the price jumps up dramatically.
| >>

| >> We have just carried out a re-branding exercise with logos, letter head
| >> design, etc. When the logos are used on colour printed sales literature
| >> the colour look really good and really vibrant but imaging them on the
| >> surface of letter headed paper with my pantone swatches they seem to
look
| >> really dead.
| >>

| >> Any thoughts on how I can keep the vibrancy of the colours but not pay
| >> really ridiculous prices for the printing.
| >>

| >> Ken (UK)

Ken

The problem is I owe them a big favour and it would be difficult if they
found out I was looking elsewhere otherwise. Believe me I would be looking
elsewhere if there wasn't the need to repay a big favour.
Ken

Daiya Mitchell

Experiment with google to get more information. Or, a Kinko's-type
copy/print shop may give you information.

Terry Farrell

Both paper type/quality and ink type/quality make a big difference to the
finished product. We stopped using pre-printed paper because we found that
we changed logos frequently and that the costs were forever rising. After a
few hits and misses, we settled on a very expensive line copy/printer (60
pages per minute, duplex printing, copying and faxing, A4 and A3). Although
the initial cost was high, the long-term costs are much lower. All our
headers are now done in Word and not on pre-printed paper.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

Tom Willett said:
I'd suggest finding a *real* printer that is up on those issues.

"Ken" <Reply to NG only> wrote in message
| Good question but as he is a very small two man band and not up on
these
| issues!!
| Surprising but true.
|

| Ken
|

| | > Why not ask your printer for advice?
| >
| > --
| > JoAnn Paules
| > MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
| >
| > ~~~~~
| > How to ask a question
| > http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

| >> else to ask that may get a sensible reply! For my small business I
order
| >> 5,000 letter headings at a time on 100 gm paper. In the past when I
have
| >> asked for quotes on the premium papers the price jumps up
dramatically.

| >> We have just carried out a re-branding exercise with logos, letter
head
| >> design, etc. When the logos are used on colour printed sales
literature
| >> the colour look really good and really vibrant but imaging them on
the
| >> surface of letter headed paper with my pantone swatches they seem to
look
| >> really dead.
| >>

| >> Any thoughts on how I can keep the vibrancy of the colours but not
pay
| >> really ridiculous prices for the printing.
| >>

| >> Ken (UK)

Ken

Thanks Terry. I was thinking of getting letter headings done by printing
company but I will now look at buying my own printer and as you suggest get
the header/footer in the Word Doc.

Ken

Tom Willett said:
I'd suggest finding a *real* printer that is up on those issues.

"Ken" <Reply to NG only> wrote in message
| Good question but as he is a very small two man band and not up on
these
| issues!!
| Surprising but true.
|

| Ken
|

| | > Why not ask your printer for advice?
| >
| > --
| > JoAnn Paules
| > MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
| >
| > ~~~~~
| > How to ask a question
| > http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

| >> else to ask that may get a sensible reply! For my small business I
order
| >> 5,000 letter headings at a time on 100 gm paper. In the past when I
have
| >> asked for quotes on the premium papers the price jumps up
dramatically.

| >> We have just carried out a re-branding exercise with logos, letter
head
| >> design, etc. When the logos are used on colour printed sales
literature
| >> the colour look really good and really vibrant but imaging them on
the
| >> surface of letter headed paper with my pantone swatches they seem
look
| >> really dead.
| >>

| >> Any thoughts on how I can keep the vibrancy of the colours but not
pay
| >> really ridiculous prices for the printing.
| >>

| >> Ken (UK)

Ken

I use Google every day in my work but there are times where you can't track
the detail down and as such it will never be a replacement for asking on
News Groups.

Ken