Sony Vaio PCG Z600LEK - Brightness Issue

Reaction score
Been given two of the above old laptops, identical spec except for the RAM. Don't have the original Recovery or Drivers cd's. Both machines were in need of a rebuild. I have reinstalled both with Windows XP Pro and both run fine, except one machine is definately brighter than the other. Checked the adaptors, both using the ATI Rage Mobility (Sony). All other settings exactly the same. I've tried searching for the specific drivers on the web for this machine but unable to find anything. Does anyone know if there is a way to increase the brightness that I'm aware of or where to find the original drivers?

Also these machines have (now had!) a Jog function which isn't accessible now, I presume I would need the orginial recovery/driver cd's to get this installed?

Many thanks,

Ian

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
ukJAG said:
Ha! Stumped the masses! :D
Nope, just never seen the original post ... it seems to happen here.

My first reaction would be ... no two screens will be the same ... but I'll wait for Quad on this one. ;)

Ask a Question