Sony Burning Program

dadiOH

Dan Rather said:
A while back someone posted information about a freeware program made
by Sony for burning cd's. Could someone please post that information
or website again?

See my "dandies" below

--
dadiOH
_____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.0...
Get it at http://www.gbronline.com/xico/
_________________________________

Dan Rather

A while back someone posted information about a freeware program made
by Sony for burning cd's. Could someone please post that information
or website again?

Thank you!

Sumairp

A while back someone posted information about a freeware program made
by Sony for burning cd's. Could someone please post that information
or website again?

Thank you!

Sony Extreme - Google for it.
Follow the instruction sequence to ensure correct installation of the
3 parts. Goto sony's homepage for another update, making a total of 4
parts.

(dadiOH, your other post is not on my server, hence this post. No
offence meant.)

Libor Striz

Wayne D said:
I have recently (1-2month) tried this 3 step Sony Extreme install
for my LG GCC-4480B CDRW/DVD-ROM combo ( 48/24/48 + 12? )

I use Win98SE, having already installed Nero express 5.5.9.9
and InCD 3.39.0?. IT works, but I like to try anything else.

It does not recognize my CD writer, unfortunately.

Does exist some later update, that I can use ?

smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/[email protected]
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have examples of misquotes! )

Libor said:
I have recently (1-2month) tried this 3 step Sony Extreme install
for my LG GCC-4480B CDRW/DVD-ROM combo ( 48/24/48 + 12? )

I use Win98SE, having already installed Nero express 5.5.9.9
and InCD 3.39.0?. IT works, but I like to try anything else.

It does not recognize my CD writer, unfortunately.

Does exist some later update, that I can use ?

Try this pxEngine507?
http://support.sonic.com/downloads/engine.asp

lcs Mixmaster Remailer

<[email protected]>

@A while back someone posted information about a freeware program made
@by Sony for burning cd's. Could someone please post that information
@or website again?

I sent a letter to Sony back in 2002 and asked them about CD Extreme.
This what they had to say.

<quote>
CD Extreme software came bundled with some of the older Sony cdrw
drives. There are free upgrades available on the Sony web site, but
the original software is not free. I will forward this message on to
Sony management. Thank you for contacting Sony Technical Support.
Please include all previous emails so we can locate you in our data
base. Please visit our website at www.sony.storagesupport.com

Christine
Sony Technical Support
(e-mail address removed)
<end quote>

I posted this information in ACF as well
loss as to why people keep recommending it as freeware.

Sumairp

Probably because there is no registration required, only invited.
I can find nothing in the manual that prohibits re-distribution or
limits use.

I tried Nero and EasyCD Creator and they are not as good as CD Extreme
IMHO.

Sony have not done anything about restricting access/use since you
notified them a year ago?

Hello? Anyone pedantic out there? Any Lawyers looking for work?
Howabout the RIAA?

Cheers,

Anonymous

Probably because there is no registration required, only invited.
I can find nothing in the manual that prohibits re-distribution or
limits use.

I can see how some people would think it's ok to use. Especially if
it is recommended by people in the newsgroup. However the company
that created the program says differently.
I tried Nero and EasyCD Creator and they are not as good as CD Extreme
IMHO.

I'm sure the program is as good as everyone claims it is.
Sony have not done anything about restricting access/use since you
notified them a year ago?

I don't know. I am going by what they told me in 2002. They might not
have changes how the program is re-distribution I doubt they have
changed their requirements to use the software.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=BBQ=AB?=

I posted this information in ACF as well
loss as to why people keep recommending it as freeware.

Perhaps because we have no reason to place any trust in the veracity of
your anonymized posts. I also e-mailed Sony back then, pointing out
that they are distributing the software without a licence agreement to
restrict use, and I suggested they remove the DL if they wanted to stop
distributing it as freeware. I got no response, and AFAIK they
continue to distribute it the same way they did back then.

Dan Rather

I don't think a lot of people can take advantage of the free program
anyway. It seems to be outdated for my system because it can't see my
cd writer. I just bought a new 52x Sony CD burner and the program
recognizes no supported drives. I even installed the latest PX Engine
update. I think Sony CDExtreme is all over. Fortunately the CD burner
came with B's Gold burning software, it is a great program! Thank you
for everyones help!

kalynuik1

Sometimes the ASPI layer gets damaged or is not upto date and this can
cause no recorders being detected.

I know this is common in win 2000 & XP and sometimes can be fixed using
a program called "Force ASPI", this problem could very well happen in
previous Windows as well, but I a not sure. I just thought I would
mention it to see if it would help or would peak others memories on how
to resolve this problem of yours.

ForceASPI v1.7
http://www.radified.com/ASPI/forceaspi.htm

Theres also a ASPI Layer check program on that page too.

BTW - For my Win XP system, which is not ASPI layered as previous
Windows systems, Force ASPI allow Sony CD Extreme to work for me.

I hope this helps.

Kingtut1

Rob

kalynuik1 said:
Sometimes the ASPI layer gets damaged or is not upto date and this can
cause no recorders being detected.

I know this is common in win 2000 & XP and sometimes can be fixed
using a program called "Force ASPI", this problem could very well
happen in previous Windows as well, but I a not sure. I just thought
I would mention it to see if it would help or would peak others
memories on how to resolve this problem of yours.

ForceASPI v1.7
http://www.radified.com/ASPI/forceaspi.htm

Theres also a ASPI Layer check program on that page too.

BTW - For my Win XP system, which is not ASPI layered as previous
Windows systems, Force ASPI allow Sony CD Extreme to work for me.

I hope this helps.

Kingtut1

FYI - I get a 404 error when trying to download the program from
www.radified.com.
But I found it at
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/frcaspi.cfm

Rob

Rob

smh

.. ---------------------------------------------------
Adaptec would replace their grandmas heart medicine
with sugar pills to make a $$$
<snips>
BTW - For my Win XP system, which is not ASPI layered as previous
Windows systems, Force ASPI allow Sony CD Extreme to work for me.

Aspi on winxp?

ASPI Kills Win XP - Adrian Miller (cRoxio)

There were NO reports of aspi killing win xp.
None, nada, zip, zilch!

Yet:
===============================
From: smh
Subject: Re: direct cd 5.02 or 5.02a and windows xp rc1 - ASPI "Kills"
Date: (8/1/01) WinXP?

Adrian Miller (cRoxio) said:
4.00 and 4.01 installed the Adaptec ASPI layer and
there have been quite a few reports in the XP beta groups
of that killing the OS.

Aspi "killing" WinXP? "Quite a few" reports?

how BIG are your BALLS, Adrian Miller (cRoxio)?

Libor Striz

Sometimes the ASPI layer gets damaged or is not upto date and this can
cause no recorders being detected.
If it is the case, the Nero Express would not detect it well,
would it ?

kalynuik1

Libor said:

If it is the case, the Nero Express would not detect it well,
would it ?
not true, I have always been able to use NERO as it uses its onwn CD
Driver, not aspi anymore, and I believe WinXP unless updated from a
earler Windows did not come with ASPI.

I have had Nero installed and working and Sony CD Extreme not.