Something's Wrong.

Reaction score
There's an issue with my Dell. The other day, it was working perfectly fine. My boyfriend boots it up the next day, Windows XP doesn't start. So he has to manually boot up explorer.exe.

When he can't get AVG or Ad-Aware SE Personal to run, or even open for that matter, he tries several other things. A disk cleanup, defrag, etc.

I'm sorry if I'm not posting in the right place, but this seems to be where all the anti-virus stuff is, so a little help and non-bashing would be greatly appreciated. And I'd love to post all of the information you will probably need, but then.. I can't exactly open anything. So ignorantly, I'm running an online browser based AV. Housecall.

Because no other AV will pop up, but I said that already.

I'm not sure if it'll find anything or even help, or if it will even make the problems worse. And again, I apologize if this is a waste of your time. I just want a tad bit of insight to the problem. I'll give you as much information as I can when asked, because.. I don't know where to start.

Ask a Question