some missing gridlines


B

buggirl

I've been fooling around with the new version of Excel. While I was checking
my data I had some lines highlighted and some lines with different coloured
fonts. Once I had finished checking, I selected all and removed the
highlights and font colours so everything looks uniform (no highlights, all
black font). However, the background gridlines have disappeared from some
cells (but not all cells).

I went through Excel Options > Advanced > checked gridlines.

In the Show/Hide box on the ribbon (?), gridlines is also ticked.

Why are some of the gridlines missing?

How can I get them back?!?!?

Thanks,

buggirl
 
Ad

Advertisements

B

Bob I

If you set the cell background or pattern to "white" instead of "no
color" this will cover up the grid lines.
 
B

buggirl

Thank you! A simple answer - wonderful!

Bob I said:
If you set the cell background or pattern to "white" instead of "no
color" this will cover up the grid lines.
 
J

jcotemerow

You're welcome, have a great day!

buggirl wrote:
> Thank you! A simple answer - wonderful!
>
> "Bob I" wrote:
>
>
>>If you set the cell background or pattern to "white" instead of "no
>>color" this will cover up the grid lines.
>>
>>buggirl wrote:
>>
>>
>>>I've been fooling around with the new version of Excel. While I was checking
>>>my data I had some lines highlighted and some lines with different coloured
>>>fonts. Once I had finished checking, I selected all and removed the
>>>highlights and font colours so everything looks uniform (no highlights, all
>>>black font). However, the background gridlines have disappeared from some
>>>cells (but not all cells).
>>>
>>>I went through Excel Options > Advanced > checked gridlines.
>>>
>>>In the Show/Hide box on the ribbon (?), gridlines is also ticked.
>>>
>>>Why are some of the gridlines missing?
>>>
>>>How can I get them back?!?!?
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>
>>>buggirl
>>
>>

THANK YOU! I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AND TRIED THINGS ON MY OWN WITH NO SUCCESS. YOUR TIP WORKED IN 1 SECOND! JAN
 
Ad

Advertisements

3

3crissy3

Hi!!
My Grid lines appear and disappear when I scroll up and down. I downloaded it to excel and some lines are gone and some aren't. Do you have any other tips for me? I went through all the boxes and reset the color so none are white.
 
Ad

Advertisements


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Similar Threads


Top