some missing gridlines

buggirl

I've been fooling around with the new version of Excel. While I was checking
my data I had some lines highlighted and some lines with different coloured
fonts. Once I had finished checking, I selected all and removed the
highlights and font colours so everything looks uniform (no highlights, all
black font). However, the background gridlines have disappeared from some
cells (but not all cells).

I went through Excel Options > Advanced > checked gridlines.

In the Show/Hide box on the ribbon (?), gridlines is also ticked.

Why are some of the gridlines missing?

How can I get them back?!?!?

Thanks,

buggirl

Bob I

If you set the cell background or pattern to "white" instead of "no
color" this will cover up the grid lines.

buggirl

Thank you! A simple answer - wonderful!

Bob I said:
If you set the cell background or pattern to "white" instead of "no
color" this will cover up the grid lines.

jcotemerow

You're welcome, have a great day!

buggirl wrote:
> Thank you! A simple answer - wonderful!
>
> "Bob I" wrote:
>

>>If you set the cell background or pattern to "white" instead of "no
>>color" this will cover up the grid lines.
>>
>>buggirl wrote:
>>

>>>I've been fooling around with the new version of Excel. While I was checking
>>>my data I had some lines highlighted and some lines with different coloured
>>>fonts. Once I had finished checking, I selected all and removed the
>>>highlights and font colours so everything looks uniform (no highlights, all
>>>black font). However, the background gridlines have disappeared from some
>>>cells (but not all cells).
>>>
>>>I went through Excel Options > Advanced > checked gridlines.
>>>
>>>In the Show/Hide box on the ribbon (?), gridlines is also ticked.
>>>
>>>Why are some of the gridlines missing?
>>>
>>>How can I get them back?!?!?
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>
>>>buggirl

THANK YOU! I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AND TRIED THINGS ON MY OWN WITH NO SUCCESS. YOUR TIP WORKED IN 1 SECOND! JAN

3

3crissy3

Hi!!
My Grid lines appear and disappear when I scroll up and down. I downloaded it to excel and some lines are gone and some aren't. Do you have any other tips for me? I went through all the boxes and reset the color so none are white.