Solve this ;)

kristel

Blonde - But salvageable
Reaction score
Okay here's a couple of Puzzels:

You have 6 match sticks. Make them into 4 equilateral triangles without snapping any of them. Each triangel must be the same size.

Draw a grid of nine dots on a bit opf paper (a 3x3 grid). Now connect all the dots using 4 continuous straight lines, without taking your pen off the paper / folding the paper.

Let me know how you get on ;)

Reaction score
Originally posted by kristel
Okay here's a couple of Puzzels:

You have 6 match sticks. Make them into 4 equilateral triangles without snapping any of them. Each triangel must be the same size.

make 2 equalateral triangles out of 3 sticks each, one upside down the other the right way up. Then overlap the two so the point of one meets the base of the other. You get 4 qualateral triangles then ;)

Code:
           __
 / \      \  /
/_ _\  +   \/

=          _ _
          \/\/
          /\/\
          ----
(each triange equalateral, 3 sticks each

kristel

Blonde - But salvageable
Reaction score
Matchsticks clue: Don't think in 2D and you'll see the solution much faster :) Nice try though cheese!

3x3 dots clue: There are no rules saying you have to keep your lines within the grid ;)

Reaction score
ok got the last one... damn hard it was ;)

The trick is not to stick within the square,

firstly connect 1 corner to the other (taking out 3 in 1), then go down one side (2 more gone) but don't stop at the bottom go a bit further so you can take out the two dots in a diagonal row next to the first dot you took out (2 more gone), then shoot out the other side and finish off the two remaining dots on the outside :)

Cheers,

r.

Reaction score
Nice try though cheese!

Hey there's nothing wrong with my solution to the match stick problem! It works :)

r.

p.s. though you're right a triangle based piramid is fine too ;)

Reaction score
3x3 dots clue: There are no rules saying you have to keep your lines within the grid ;)

lol didn't see this post before I'd written mine *promise*

r.

kristel

Blonde - But salvageable
Reaction score
^_^ Well done!

Text book solutions are a triangual pyramid... and for 3x3 dots:

Sart in top left corner (for example!) go all the way along the top row and out one dot space to the right. Diagnal down and left, taking out two more dots, and again go out of the square. Directly up the left column to the top left where you started, then diagnal down and right to finish off the rest :)

I'll try and think of some more :)

Reaction score
I used to know the answers to these things a while ago, but my brain is getting tired in my old age, you know. :crazy:

Reaction score
here is a small riddle... probably not real hard though... try drawing a circle with a line completly through it without picking up the writting insterment or double backing on a line

it should look something like this:

-(-)-

(but with a complete circle.... kinda hard to draw like this....)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
JoeCool.1

Got it ... but it took me two go's. :D

Ask a Question