Solution - The client could not connect to the remote computer. Remote connections might not be enab

G

I just want to offer this solution for those who have tried everything mentioned in this newsgroup and have found no success

What I ended up doing was enabling ICF on my server machine and then disabling it. Afterwards I was able to access the server machine by typing in its the url OR ip address

I don't know why it worked by it did and I can now connect from work (winxp) to home (winxp)

Cheers.

G

I misspoke...what I meant to say is that I DISABLED ICF and then RE-ENABLED it and then was able connect via internet

Cheers.

J

John Vinson

I'm sad to say that the problems back, and, my solution is no solution after all.

Perhaps it would help if you would either describe the problem, or
post in the same thread rather than starting a new one. You're not the
only person posting questions here, and it's asking a bit much to
assume that all the volunteers remember every single problem that gets
posted.

G

I believe that I in fact did post in the same thread and that as the originator of the thread it would be apparent that I'm referring to the same issue detailed in the subject (of main thread).
----- John Vinson wrote: ----

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:41:06 -0800, "copulus
I'm sad to say that the problems back, and, my solution is no solution after all

Perhaps it would help if you would either describe the problem, o
post in the same thread rather than starting a new one. You're not th
only person posting questions here, and it's asking a bit much t
assume that all the volunteers remember every single problem that get
posted

John W. Vinson[MVP]
Come for live chats every Tuesday and Thursday
http://go.compuserve.com/msdevapps?loc=us&access=publi

G

I did some more rummaging on my system and realized that a component of ZoneAlarm was running as a process (vsmon.exe). This process was running even though the ZoneAlarm icon was not present in the Windows System Tray

It appears that vsmon.exe launches when ever I reboot my system. Trying to stop the process from the Task Manager was initially unsuccessful

Llaunching ZoneAlarm and subsequently quitting the application from it resident System Tray icon removed the vsmon.exe process entry in Task Manager

Once the offending process was removed I’ve had no other problems connecting to my HOME box from WORK via Remote Desktop

This is my solution. I hope it helps others

Ask a Question