Solution for WinZip Companion for Outlook 1.0 Unspecified Error

vtflair

I have been running into a maddening error with WinZip Companion for
Outlook 1.0. Online searches and diagnostic logging didn't reveal
anything, so I emailed WinZip tech support. Below is my initial email
and their response. The scenario (using Word as the Outlook 2003 email
editor while running Adobe 6.0 Standard) applies for my user, so I'm
going to try to upgrade to Adobe 7.0. Hope this post helps others.

Cheers,
Phil

Frequently, when creating new emails, a user will get the following
error message:

WinZip Companion for Outlook Error 800004005 in Outlook interface
(2752:0000f003): 'Unspecified Error'

This is a brand new Windows XP Professional machine with a new
installation of Microsoft Office 2003 Professional and all critical
Microsoft updates applied. I have uninstalled and reinstalled WinZip
Companion for Outlook and still receive the same error.