Software for Conference Centre Bookings

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm working for a start-up conference centre hopefully opening up this summer. Because its a small company I, the events-coordinator, have to worry about all these computer things as well (feels like learning Chinese!)

I was hoping that somebody would be able to advise me on what type of software is out there for managing bookings/ managing bookings online. I think we are using a Joomla 1.6 template...? Can software be added onto any template...?

Cheers!

Reaction score
Never heard of Joomla?
Your not trying to spam us are you??

An Excel spreadsheet may work Or an Access database?
If their is special software out their i suggest you buy a software package!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Crossbow and welcome to the forums - if you are looking for an addon to Joomla you may need to browse the extensions database and see if there is anything that fits. I'm not familiar with any off the top of my head. Here's the link:

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions

Feckit, Joomla is an open source CMS (content management system) - essentially an easy way to publish and manage a website :). Quite a handy bit of software.

Reaction score
Yeah, Joomla is a content management system whereby even amateurs can create pretty decent websites :D.

An Excel spreadsheet unfortunately would not do the job because more than one people cannot edit a single document at the same time. I don't think there is a Joomla extension that would allow for more than simple contact requests.

What I'm probably looking for is some kind of software package that hotels use for room hire. I was just wondering which one would be suitable for a conference centre . I've been searching online for "hotel reservation software" etc. and I get so many different results. My little fantacy is that customers can check venue availability and book meeting rooms directly online. Reservations should not overlap. My life would be a lot easier if we had some kind of automatic invoicing as well... I assume these will need something like what Fecit was referring to - an Access Database?

Reaction score
It may depend on how much you have to spend on what you get!
May be worth a good google search if you have not done one?
But also may see what others in your sector run?

Reaction score
Thanks Feckit :) Yeah, everything doesn't come at a cheap rate. Maybe we can afford to make my little fantacy come true after the next wedding season ;)

I've just launched a proper google search for conference room booking systems. From a couple threads I read its also seems that quite a few venues have created their own systems.

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
Have you thought of Sharepoint as an option? This is a bit of an internal use software. Not sure if it fits your setup/ability.

http://sharepoint.microsoft.com/en-us/Pages/default.aspx

I use it here for all sorts of stuff. I can build a team site, publish documents and create discussion areas, among other things. It does require a bit of back-end stuff and some initial configuration.

Just a thought.

Ask a Question