snapshot viewer ocx

Reaction score
Hi!

I have a mdb in wich some forms have a snapshot ocx inside.

It is working perfectly in my computer but whenever i move the mdb to another one the form fails and never open.

I have check my snapshot viewer ocx and it is ver 11.0.8228.0.

I the other computers is always 11.0.8164, and when I try to create a new control in a new form access said that don't admit this control.

I don't know if an update of the control will be ok, because I'not able to find any Microsoft update to install the new version.

Of course I could try to copy and register my computer ocx, but I think this is the right solution.

Could somebody point me to a solution

Reaction score
I have found the update http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...17-a504-427d-9e5f-fde8f102142c&displaylang=en....

It is a security patch and it looks as not included in Office 2003 service packs.

Problem now is that if someone open the mdb without this upgrade previously installed, the forms get broken forever and the only way to solve is to generate again the form or to use a new copy of the mbd.

Not very logicall, but that is.

Thanks anyway

Last edited:

Ask a Question