Smart Device Authentication Utility

I have just installed Visual Studio.Net 2003 upgrade version and the Windows CE.Net Utility for Visual Studio.Net 2003 supplied by my CE device manufacturer. Then I tried using Smart Device Authentication Utility to connect to my CE device. I've got "can't find file" type of error. I noticed the utility was trying to look for files in "e:\Program Files\Mircrosoft.net\" folder while the CompactFrameWorkSDK folder is located at "e:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio.Net 2003\" folder. I found I have several versions of framework on my machine. So, I use "remove/add program" utility to have removed all of them and then restalled the VS.Net 2003 which put the framework 1.1 on my computer. However, I found the CompactFrameWorkSDK folder is still put into "...\Microsoft Visual Studio. Net 2003\" folder and the Smart Device Authentication Utility still looks for files in "\Microsofta.Net" folder. What can I do?

Hi

The error message I've got when I clicked "Set Up Device" in the Utility is

Device setup failed! Common causes
device not running SDAuthUtilDecei.exe, network problems System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not fin
file "E:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\CompactFrameworkSDK\ConnectionManager\Target\wce400\armv4\ConmanClient.exe"
File name: "E:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\CompactFrameworkSDK\ConnectionManager\Target\wce400\armv4\ConmanClient.exe
at System.IO_Error.WinIOError(Int32errorCode, String str
at System.IO.FileInfo.get_LengthC
at SDAuthUtil.Form1.TCPFileToDevice(String localFileName
at SDAuthUtil.Form1.DolaunchConmanC
at SDAuthUtil.Form1.btnConnect_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e

Does Anyone have a suggestion what I can do? I have the CompactFrameworkSDK folder and ConmanClient.exe file on my computer. But they are in "E:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio.NET 2003\" folder. How can I set up the Utility looking for things in the right folder? Can I just copy the CompactFrameworkSDK from "E:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio.NET 2003\" folder to "E:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\" folder? Will it work

Thanks
Jian
SofTA Corporation

Hi Ximing,

Thank you for the help. I am new to this newsgroup. I can't see your attachment. How can I get it? Can you mail it to (e-mail address removed)? Thanks.

Jiang

Ximing Zhou [MSFT]

Jiang,

I just emailed the tool to you.

Ximing

| From: "=?Utf-8?B?Smlhbmc=?=" <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: Smart Device Authentication Utility
| Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 23:01:08 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework
|
| Hi Ximing,

Thank you for the help. I am new to this newsgroup. I can't see your
attachment. How can I get it? Can you mail it to (e-mail address removed)? Thanks.

Jiang

Hi Ximing

I've got your program. I moved it into "E:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio.NET 2003\CompactFrameworkSDK\ConnectionManager\Target\wce400\armv4\" folder and renamed the orginal one as a .bak file. Now here is what happening

1. There is an Icon called .Net Link on my SBC which I am supposed to run before I run the Utility. So I run it first and then run the Utility. I tried running the Utility from VS.NET 2003 and running it directly from Windows Explorer. It makes no difference and I got the following error message

"Unknown error occured while prepping deviceSystem.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load Dll (cryptoAPIWrapper.dll)
at Microsoft.SDAuthUtil.Form1.Wrap-CryptAcquiteContext(
at Microsofta.SDAuthUtil.Form1.DoPrepDevice()

I did searching on my PC, the "crytoAPIWrapper.dll" is located in "...\Microsoft Visual Studio.NET 2003\..." folder. It seems I still have the orignal problem that is my VS.NET somehow has messed up the folders. It must be looking wrongly at "...\Microsoft.NET\..." for the file. So, I'm afraid that even if I can solve this "cryptoAPIWrapper.dll" problem, I may still have other problems later. It seems I need to reset some HKEY or alike to make my program look for CF related files in the "...\Microsoft Visual Studio.NET 2003\..." forder, not the "...\Microsoft.NET\..." folder

2. After read other posts on this board, I tried copying "sdauthutildevice.exe" to my SBC and run it. It shows an exactly interface look as my original .NET Link (its file name is DOT_NET_DEBUG.exe), and gives the same error messages

3. I tried not running the .NET Link program on my SBC. Then if the SBC is off, I got a error message saying "Device IP address not found. ... A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly response after a period of time, or established connected host has failed to respond. ...". If the SBC is on, I got the error message saying "Device IP address not found. ... No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. ..." So, it seems the physical connection is there. The main problem is still that my PC looks into wrong folders for the needed files

Any suggestion

Thanks

Jian
SofTA Corporation

Ximing Zhou [MSFT]

The new version of the tool I sent to you should look up the right folder.
Can you copy the new SDAuthUtil.exe and CryptAPIWrapper.dll to the same
folder and run the exe there? That folder can be anywhere on your Visual
Studio machine.