Slipstream question

WSZsr

I have two Dell computers based on the Intel 925x chipset. One came with XP
Pro with SP1 and the other with XP Home with SP2.
I slipstreamed the XP Pro CD with SP2.

Both systems require a RAID/AHCI driver or WinXP setup reports that no hard
drive was found.

When I install with the XP Home with SP2 CD, the RAID AHCI driver is
automatically installed, no user intervention is required. When I install
with the XP Pro CD slipstreamed with SP2, I have to press F6 early in the
install so I can insert the driver diskette with the RAID/AHCI driver.

I would like to create a new XP Pro CD slipstreamed with SP2 that also
automatically installs the RAID AHCI driver.

Can anyone tell me how?

Jack Wang [MSFT]

Hi

Also, since the OEM Windows XP setup disc was provided by Dell, you may
also contact them to check if there are some special steps to create the
Windows XP Pro disc with SP2 that also automatically installs the RAID AHCI
driver.

For more information, please refer to the following article.

823613 "No Disk in Drive" Message During Windows XP Setup
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=823613

Have a great day!

Sincerely,
Jack Wang, MCSE 2000/2003, MCSA 2000/2003, MCDBA, MCSD
Microsoft Online Partner Support

from your issue.

| From: "WSZsr" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Slipstream question
| Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 21:54:44 -0500
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment
|
| I have two Dell computers based on the Intel 925x chipset. One came with
XP
| Pro with SP1 and the other with XP Home with SP2.
| I slipstreamed the XP Pro CD with SP2.
|
| Both systems require a RAID/AHCI driver or WinXP setup reports that no
hard
| drive was found.
|
| When I install with the XP Home with SP2 CD, the RAID AHCI driver is
| automatically installed, no user intervention is required. When I
install
| with the XP Pro CD slipstreamed with SP2, I have to press F6 early in the
| install so I can insert the driver diskette with the RAID/AHCI driver.
|
| I would like to create a new XP Pro CD slipstreamed with SP2 that also
| automatically installs the RAID AHCI driver.
|
| Can anyone tell me how?

WSZsr

Thanks Jack. If you had ever called Dell tech support, you wouldn't have
suggested that option. Also I have never received the error message that
you referred me to. There has to be some driver files on the XP Home with
SP2 CD that I can transer to the XP Pro CD slipstreamed with SP2

Jack Wang [MSFT]

Hi

Thank you for the reply. I am sorry to hear that. Since the device and OEM
disc were provided by Dell, I suggested you to contact them. I don't have
the device and disc, so I only can provide you the KB article I found.
Also, I understand that you didn't receive that error message. I just would
like to let you know the common method to install the driver.

The third-party products that this post discusses are manufactured by
companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty,
implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these
products.

Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find
technical support. This contact information may change without notice.
Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact
information.

Please try to contact Dell again to solve the issue. Good Luck!

Sincerely,
Jack Wang, MCSE 2000/2003, MCSA 2000/2003, MCDBA, MCSD
Microsoft Online Partner Support

from your issue.

| From: "WSZsr" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Slipstream question
| Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 06:44:57 -0500
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment
|
| Thanks Jack. If you had ever called Dell tech support, you wouldn't have
| suggested that option. Also I have never received the error message that
| you referred me to. There has to be some driver files on the XP Home
with
| SP2 CD that I can transer to the XP Pro CD slipstreamed with SP2
|

| | > Hi
| >
| > Also, since the OEM Windows XP setup disc was provided by Dell, you may
| > also contact them to check if there are some special steps to create the
| > Windows XP Pro disc with SP2 that also automatically installs the RAID
| > AHCI
| > driver.
| >
| > For more information, please refer to the following article.
| >
| > 823613 "No Disk in Drive" Message During Windows XP Setup
| > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=823613
| >
| > Have a great day!
| >
| > Sincerely,
| > Jack Wang, MCSE 2000/2003, MCSA 2000/2003, MCDBA, MCSD
| > Microsoft Online Partner Support

| > =====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via
| > your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit
| > from your issue.
| > =====================================================

| > rights.
| > --------------------
| > | From: "WSZsr" <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: Slipstream question
| > | Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 21:54:44 -0500
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment
| > phx.gbl
| > |
| > | I have two Dell computers based on the Intel 925x chipset. One came
| > with
| > XP
| > | Pro with SP1 and the other with XP Home with SP2.
| > | I slipstreamed the XP Pro CD with SP2.
| > |
| > | Both systems require a RAID/AHCI driver or WinXP setup reports that no
| > hard
| > | drive was found.
| > |
| > | When I install with the XP Home with SP2 CD, the RAID AHCI driver is
| > | automatically installed, no user intervention is required. When I
| > install
| > | with the XP Pro CD slipstreamed with SP2, I have to press F6 early in
| > the
| > | install so I can insert the driver diskette with the RAID/AHCI driver.
| > |
| > | I would like to create a new XP Pro CD slipstreamed with SP2 that also
| > | automatically installs the RAID AHCI driver.
| > |
| > | Can anyone tell me how?
| > |
| > |