SKY Broadband

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That does look very good I have to say, I've just joined a new ADSL provider in the last month so I'll be sticking for a while :) (don't have Sky anyway though ;)).

Reaction score
My mate just told me about it last night. Those are some FANTASTIC prices!! I hope Sky do this properly and dont have lots of problems and bad publicity, because if their broadband is good at those prices, might start a price war!! :)

Reaction score
read the small print

I suggest you dont jump in to quickly!

News in the City last night was whether Sky would be able to get all their equipment needed into the local telephone exchanges to make this work and that would they be able to offer a service with few problems.

Also possibilies of having to wait a few months to get on to the service.
8MB is the max you will get, if your in an area with a lot of other customers your speed could go down.

I'm holding fast for a few months to see how thing pan out. It could all go like talk talk, were in some areas customers have to wait 3 months & then their speed is slower. You also have a 1 year contract as well.

Reaction score
the prices do look good
and i have sky too

im looking to get shot of bulldog really starting to hate them now

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Hello All,
I would get Broadband for half of what I'm paying now with Tiscali, got the letter from Sky this morning. Unfortunately it is not available in this area and as has been stated they have to get their gear into BT exchanges.
Cheers,
peahouse05:nod:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
As a Sky subscriber this is very interesting, i just cant help think theres a catch somewhere....

Will check it out after my upcoming long weekend away. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well i have registered my interest with sky and they said my exchange is able to receive their service.....

Now i gotta wait for a while and they will send me some more info in the post.

I still wonder if it too good to be true.....

Any one got any more info on it?

:)

Reaction score
My mate has signed up for it. He was pretty impressed with them, after dealing with talk talk. He says they guy was pretty honest with them, said it will be 6 months before the area he is in is able to get their broadband. In the mean time they are going to put him on a slower one, but as soon as it's available they will automatically switch him over.

Ask a Question