SiteAdvisor Public Preview Now Available

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Today SiteAdvisor officially launched a Trial Version of our software, and we'd like to thank all our Preview Version testers who helped us reach this important phase.

We’ve come a long way since SiteAdvisor was established nearly one year ago. Our bots have analyzed Web sites representing 95% of Web traffic, downloaded and tested more than 475,000 pieces of software, and provided unique e-mail addresses on more than 1,300,000 registration forms. Our new Web site, which also launched today, adds a new look and many new features, including a robust user review system and a new support section.

The crucial work carried out by our dedicated 7,000 Preview Version testers over the last 3 months was instrumental in helping us improve our software and our Web site. Their feedback, suggestions, and constant input helped us tweak features, clarify messages, and put a lot of new ideas in the development pipeline. Thanks to the enthusiasm of our early users, SiteAdvisor's software was downloaded more than 150,000 times while in its preview phase.

Many Preview Version testers opted-in to be publicly recognized, so we created a section of our new site to say "thanks."

look.jpg

Full Read @ SaiteAdvisor Blog

home.jpg
SiteAdvisor Home

dwnload.jpg
DL For IE
dwnload.jpg
DL for Firefox
look.jpg

Support & FAQs

I would go as far as say, next to SpywareBlaster, this software is a "must have" on your PC

Enjoy!
mucks. :cool:

muckshifter

Reaction score
The plugins have been updated:
Newest version for IE is
1.2.0.0 (build 2266) 18:25 27-Feb-2006

Newest version for Firefox is
20.0 Build: 2261

To check for your version, click the black arrow located to the right on the SiteAdvisor button:
SAButton.jpg

Then select 'Get latest version'. Download new version, install.

New install screen:
SAScreen.jpg

:thumb:

Firefox users & Linux users ... update via Tools/Extentions/Find Updates

:D

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Mucks :thumb: - I've been using it for a while and agree - its excellent!!

:)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Indeed, very handy and worth having. :thumb:

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Definitely a "must have". So easy to use, all you need to do is keep an eye on the icon colour when you browse, and it should help to keep you safe.

Nice one Mucks :thumb:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Excellent software, always use it and find it very handy :thumb:

muckshifter

Reaction score
oh great ... NOT!!!

SiteAdvisor was bought by McAfee. They're calling it a trial version now ... :rolleyes:

Looks like I'll have to hunt around for an alternative ...
happywave.gif

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
What a joke just when we get somethoing worth having for free, its taken away and billed as a trial version so they can all charge us for it....Oh well goodbye to siteadvisor..:wave:

muckshifter

Reaction score
I don't know exactly what is going to happen ... but as soon as it asks for any monies, it is coming off my systems. ;)

I exclusively use Linux to browse the internet. :p

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i've just updated this and its now showing as McAfee SiteAdvisor in the status bar

they didnt hang about with the updating of it, still seems to be working, not sure for how long though

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Mine updated automatically, and likewise now shows as McAfee Site Advisor :thumb:

Ask a Question